2004 Duramax question

Discussion in 'GM Duramax 6.6 (LB7)' started by reddragon4x4, Dec 8, 2008.

1. reddragon4x4

reddragon4x4 Well-Known Member

Is there any issues that the Duramax's have when they get up in mileage? I'm looking at a 2004 Duramax truck and it has roughly 155k. Its a pretty clean truck and does not appear to have been used for heavy hauling. I was just wondering what the average lifespan was on these motors. I know the cummins are known for their longevity but I like this particular truck. Thanks for any info.

2. RodZZilla

RodZZilla Well-Known Member

If you drink enough, you will forget it is Iowa
    I have heard of some in the 300-400K range w/o issues. I think by 04 they had most of the injector issues resolved on teh LB7.

3. Diesel Nut

Diesel Nut Well-Known Member

Media:
    You should be fine. The Dmax is a solid platform and if its a good deal, grab it.

4. reddragon4x4

reddragon4x4 Well-Known Member

Yeah, the bank doesn't like the mileage so I had to find another one. I'm workin' on finding another one. I found one that's an 05 with 51,000 miles on it, but it's $5 to $6k more. Both have lifts and both are leather but the 05 is only an extended cab. But the 05 I guess is the LLY not the 04 LB7. From what I've read the LB7 is more upgrade friendly. I'm new to the Duramax group but I can't wait to get one and blow the doors off my buddy's mustang. What kind of mileage could I expect out of a stock duramax/allison with 4.10 gears and roughly 35 inch tires? I'm really looking forward to gettin' into the "hotrod" of the diesel world :rolleyes: