2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Large Truck

Discussion in 'Concepts | Press Photos | Rumors' started by CK5, Feb 21, 2005.

1. CK5

CK5 WhooHoo! Administrator Moderator

Media:
    What Edmunds.com Says: With GM quickly falling behind its competitors in the full-size truck segment, look for GM to pull out all the stops to assure that this Silverado has everything it needs to compete.

What We Know: Major changes will be necessary on this stalwart design in order to keep it competitive against its longtime rival, the F-150, in addition to relative newcomers such as the Nissan Titan and next-generation Toyota Tundra. When the new Silverado appears, probably in 2007, it will feature a far more elegant cabin than the current model along with a new GMT-900 platform. A more powerful range of engines is a certainty, but efficiency is also likely to play a major role as the Silverado may very well become the biggest user of GM's Displacement on Demand technology. Look for safety to play a prominent role as well with more extensive airbag protection and wider availability of StabiliTrak.

2. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    Geeze, they are already using 300+HP engines. How much power does someone really need in a 1/2 ton pickup? In 15 years will 500HP engines be standard in a 1/2ton chassis? :confused:

3. 502_Jimmy

502_Jimmy TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Wouldnt hurt my feelings:D:D

4. BadDog

BadDog TRC Staff Staff Member

Media:
    Hey, I'm good for that! Might make me consider upgrading the HD. :D Yeah, like that will happen...

For my money, the best thing they could do would be to get a decent "look". Ford finally lost that "jelly bean" body on the 1/2 tons, so they have a "looker" now. That declad GM Avalanch nose has never looked to me like anything other than a tacked on after thought of a bad dream. Remember the cars where they took like an early 70s camaro and put late 70s boxy front caps on them? Apparently the designers at GM like that, because that was obviously their inspiration for the "new" front caps. JMO, and no offense if you own or like those, but that's what I see...

5. chevytrucknut

chevytrucknut Well-Known Member

in 2007, it will feature a far more elegant cabin than the current model[
    when are trucks going to be trucks again elegant comon now all you need is vinal seats and floors and a cd player waytogo

6. Brisk

Brisk Well-Known Member

Media:
    I dont know about you but when im driving across country the last thing I want is a vinyl bench seat. I want the most elegance i can get w/o leather.:pimp: