2007 Chevrolet Suburban

Discussion in 'Concepts | Press Photos | Rumors' started by yunit, Nov 18, 2005.

1. yunit

yunit Member

Heavy Chevy: 2007 Chevrolet Suburban Breaks Cover

By: Phil Lienert

Date Posted 11-16-2005

We've seen the 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe, now take a look at the upcoming 2007 Chevrolet Suburban. The original sport-utility will be tamed and groomed for the 2007 model year while still retaining its distinctively intimidating proportions. The sheet metal, fascia, and lamps have all been updated to bring the 2007 Suburban in line with its full-size counterparts from GMC and Cadillac.

Built on the new GMT900 platform like all of its heavy-duty SUV and truck kin, the 2007 Suburban will be a safer, quieter, and better-handling vehicle than any of its predecessors thanks to numerous chassis tweaks, which include considerable stiffening treatments as well as the injection of noise-dampening foam.

The wider stance and new, aerodynamically enhanced windshield angle of the Suburban in these photos are very close to those of the 2007 Tahoe. The Suburban's larger size will be particularly noticeable on the interior, with added legroom for driver and passengers and additional cargo space.

The interior will be further refined, with a higher grade of materials used throughout the vehicle, along with such additional treats as larger DVD screens and power fold-and-tumble second-row seats. Rear stowage will be made easier thanks to a power-assisted rear liftgate.

In addition to the new safety capabilities built into the vehicle's basic structure, the 2007 Suburban will also up occupant safety via roof-mounted head curtain side airbags that cover all rows of the vehicle. StabiliTrak with anti-rollover technology will come standard on the Suburban, along with new four-wheel disc brakes with ABS, and a year-long subscription to Generation 6 OnStar.

Engines on this mighty beast will include a 320-horsepower, 5.3-liter V8 or the larger 6.0-liter V8 with output in the 350-hp range. Those who live in fear of the gas pump can be assured that GM has taken fuel-efficiency into consideration in the design of the 2007 Suburban as both of the vehicle's engines will feature variable valve timing for improved efficiency.

While the 2007 Tahoe's base 4.8-liter Vortec V8 is not expected to be offered in the Suburban, customers can anticipate that GM will eventually offer a hybrid version of the vehicle.

The Suburban and all of its 2007 heavy-duty SUV and truck classmates will be making their debut in January at the Detroit auto show, with sales beginning for this vehicle likely in the spring of 2006.

Attached Files:

2. mbryson

mbryson Well-Known Member

Wow, definitely not built for me. Hope it works out well for them.

3. 427HemiPontiac

427HemiPontiac Active Member

I hear that! I'll keep my 96 Burb.... Maybe a crate 502HT when it needs a power boost...

4. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer Well-Known Member

Media:
    what is with chevy and TINY tires? dodge isnt much beter.... nor is ford. but if you make the burb look larger give it some shoes that fit

that thing is UGLY... but it will have a duracrap in it....
    Grant

5. bigHD

bigHD Well-Known Member

Here is the 1/2 ton version. As far as I know, there is still no talk of a Duramax in the Sub. The 1/2 ton gets an all new fully boxed frame, but the 2500 keeps the same frame as the current 2500 model.

Attached Files:

6. dubbyx

dubbyx Well-Known Member

I like it... where's the 4x version? looks like it'd make a nice driveway mate for my Element... lol

7. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    I really like it. Probably because I really like the current Escalade front clip too... The mirrors are rediculous, they look like something a sports car would have. I guess the whole "sport truck" scene is rubbing off now.

8. DMAXRIG

DMAXRIG Well-Known Member

I hate it. Looks like a mini van. Pretty soon every truck will look like a car:mad:

9. PermanentMarker

PermanentMarker TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    That will be available with an LBZ Duramax, or a 6 cyl. version? Nice...

10. bigHD

bigHD Well-Known Member

Man, I'm with ya. That would be cool. However from what I've heard GM dropped the ball with a Duramax Suburban. Too expensive...adding the Duramax and Allison to a truck that can start off at $40k just wasn't an option. Diesel Power said GM is still working on the 6 cyl Duramax for the future though. Its basically an LBZ with 2 cylinders lobbed off.

11. not-n-ks

not-n-ks Member

I guess I'll have to keep my 03 Powerstroke for a long time because I won't buy any thing that ugly. If any one knows the designers of the new Ford and Chevy ,tell them that the new trucks are ugly at least once for me.

12. budkole

budkole Well-Known Member

Media:
    Kinda reminds me of a heavy duty soccor mom mobile.

13. powerboatr

powerboatr Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    it seems to be missing something.......
    that blue must be hiding its designed good looks,
    just doesnt jump out at me

14. rocknbronco

rocknbronco Well-Known Member

I dont think they look all that great and the 06's that I saw would have leaks starting at 6K from the engine or tranny.The engine was from cheap oil the trannys from poor construction