2007 Ford F250/F350 Large Truck

Discussion in 'Concepts | Press Photos | Rumors' started by CK5, Feb 21, 2005.

1. CK5

CK5 WhooHoo! Administrator Moderator

Media:
    What Edmunds.com Says: Ford' Super Duty trucks will be redesigned with a greater emphasis on the interiors

What We Know: Ford plans a ground-up redesign for all of its Super Duty truck models, including the F-250 and F-350, for the 2007 model year. It's believed that the look of these trucks will be a further development of the F-350 Tonka concept, bringing the eye-popping brashness of that model to market. The company is reportedly stressing the cabin design of the new Super Duty trucks, with at least five different interior trim levels available. Choices will range from the functional to luxurious. Ford has also extended its contract with Harley-Davidson past 2007, so it can be expected that Harley-Davidson as well as King Ranch editions of the various Super Duty models will be available. It's likely that the first of these new trucks will appear in the fall of 2006.

2. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    It's about time.... :D

I really like the King Ranch editions....I would probably have bought one if I could have found one that was silver, red, or black.

3. BadDog

BadDog TRC Staff Staff Member

Media:
    Honestly, this is not a troll:

I'm glad they are looking at complete redo of their interiors. Is it just me, or does it seem like Ford goes in for the "gimicks" too much over substance in this area? What all has it been over the last few years? Eddie Bower (or whatever), "Harley", Ranch, and whatever other name they could stick on to a "package" with nothing more than a change in upholstery, some trim pieces and wheels. Maybe it's just me, but they've needed a major redo on the interior ergonomics for many years. Little tiny wheels too far away and seats that just were not comfortable at all to me. When I bought my HD, the Ford interior was its single biggest detractor for me. I really liked the SD looks outside better than the HD, and the thought of an F450 was very appealing, but the interior alone was almost enough to eliminate it from the running right there...

4. Shaggy

Shaggy TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    In a way I actually prefer the interior of the 2005 SD to the Chevy or Dodge. It just feels more like a truck. The GM feels cramped to me with the full center console and the way all of the controls are packed together. The GM seats are way nicer though, and the leather in the Ford is garbage.

5. Tim

Tim Guest

I would rather have had the SD and I think it has the nicest interior of all the trucks on the market right now. If not for the 6.0, I wouldn't have even considered the Dodge.

The Cummins, and the 3rd gen redesign is the only reason I went with a Dodge.

6. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 New Member

Good, Ford's interiors have been pretty crappy lately. I never really paid attention but I was fiddling around in my bosses 05 Lariat and stuff just feels way cheaper than in the other two, the dash layout just looks retarded, eh its just cheap..Just my opinion...