2008 For the 6.4 Power Stroke

Discussion in 'Ford Powerstroke 6.4' started by RodZZilla, Aug 25, 2006.

1. RodZZilla

RodZZilla Well-Known Member

If you drink enough, you will forget it is Iowa
    International Truck and Engine Corp., a Navistar company, said Tuesday it will supply Ford Motor Co. with a new 6.4-liter Ford Power Stroke Diesel engine for the 2008 Ford F-Series Super Duty.
    The new Power Stroke diesel engine will displace 6.4-liters, which is an increase in displacement from the current 6.0-liter V-8.
    It will be the first pickup engine in North America to use a high-precision, high-pressure, common- rail fuel injection system featuring piezo-electric injectors. Proven and first introduced in European diesel engines, these advanced injectors allow ultra-precise timing of fuel injection for quietness and better emissions.
    "For the 2008 model year, Ford and International are introducing a new 6.4-liter Power Stroke diesel that reaches new levels of refinement for truck diesel engines," said Jack Allen, president, Engine Group, International Truck and Engine Corp.
    International recently invested more than $100 million in new machinery and other equipment at its manufacturing facilities in Indianapolis and Huntsville, Ala., to manufacture the new Power Stroke diesel.
    Diesel engines have become the powertrain of choice for heavy-duty pickup truck buyers in the U.S. because they provide more torque for maximum towing and hauling with improved fuel economy.
    Industry-wide diesel heavy-duty pickup and chassis sales from 1994 to 2006 grew at an average rate of nine percent per year, according to R. L. Polk & Co. In 2006, 69 percent of these trucks sold were diesel powered.
    Ford's F-Series Super Duty trucks, powered by the Power Stroke diesel, are the most popular vehicle in their class, averaging 50 percent market share in the heavy-duty pickup truck segment during the past five years.

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer Well-Known Member

Media:
    piezo-electric injectors... im going to have to look into this. sounds like a complex injector, but if it works cool... and expensive.

what are they doing for the 07 powerstroke? i thought they were getting an all new for 07 as well. isnt that a waste of money?

3. RodZZilla

RodZZilla Well-Known Member

If you drink enough, you will forget it is Iowa
    I keep seeing conflicting reports. Some are still saying the 6.4 will be out in 07. Maybe they should bring it out now, who knows if Ford will be around in 08.:D :stir: :popcorn:

4. CTD NUT

CTD NUT Well-Known Member

Media:
    From what I can gather, the 6.4 will be available in 07 as an 08 model....I expect we will see them on the lots next August.

5. bigbaddiesel

bigbaddiesel Well-Known Member

Media:
    i have heard of this 6.4l psd being twin turbo feed

6. CTD NUT

Media:
    It is.....compounds on a V8 should make for an enjoyable engine to work on.....the Ford mechanics will have to call a plumber before they lift the hood.

7. bigbaddiesel

bigbaddiesel Well-Known Member

Media:
    are there any projected hp ratings yet

8. CTD NUT

Media:
    350 hp for the pickups....

9. powerboatr

powerboatr Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
  10. rocknbronco

rocknbronco Well-Known Member

think I'm gonna wait until the 10 model comes out so that they can have the bugs worked out

11. Sandawgk5

Sandawgk5 Active Member

Finally they offer a F450 with a factory pickup bed:D .

I can't wait!!

Ira

12. powerboatr

powerboatr Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    aint she purty
    wonder why they are not offering a factory air ride rear????

13. strictlyv8

strictlyv8 Well-Known Member

I believe they don't want to push out the aftermarket and shell out the extra warranty issue bags may give.

14. rocknbronco

rocknbronco Well-Known Member

Usually air bags live for a long time I only know of one blowing while I was trucking and that was driver error on a job site

15. 91v3500

91v3500 Member

Wait 'till you see & hear it live & in person. Went to a new product imersion about 3 wks ago. This thing is as quiet as the GM/Isuzu duramax, and looks like a life sized Tonka truck. This thing is going to blow Dodge & GM out of the water. You have to be carefull with the fuel used. The new 6.4L requires ulsd (ultra low sulpher diesel). If you use low sulpher diesel, you can plug the patriculate filter in the exhaust, and VOID 100% of the warranty. This truck is B.A.
    waytogo