2009 Dodge Ram

Discussion in 'Concepts | Press Photos | Rumors' started by TejasCTD, Dec 27, 2007.

?

What do you think?

Poll closed Jan 26, 2008.
  1. Like it.

10 vote(s)
    37.0%
  2. Don't like it.

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
  3. Don't know.

13 vote(s)
    48.1%
  1. TejasCTD

TejasCTD New Member

2. Woods

Woods Well-Known Member

Hard to tell, Wait till I see one in person...

3. mbwagoner

mbwagoner Well-Known Member

looks good so far, I'm hoping that the rumors are true and they are going to a normal crew cab. And then they extend that to a 3500 LB. That could sway my current dreams back from GM.

4. Sandawgk5

Sandawgk5 Active Member

They do in fact have a new crew cab and the mega cab is going away. The only problem so far is the crew cab has a 5'8"bed on it and I have not read anything about putting a long bed behind it:mad: .

Dik

5. cjowett

cjowett Well-Known Member

I like the looks of my 07 better. And if you can't get an eight foot bed with the crew cab, what good is it?

6. Sandawgk5

Sandawgk5 Active Member

Ya I really want a cummins but with the lack of a 8' bed with a crew cab is a deal breaker as I cannot afford a long bed conversion of the Megacab:eek: .

Just got back from the car show and it looks like I will be going with a Dmax dually. I am not a big fan of the front bumper but I can live with it:D .

Know back on topic I like the new Dodge but it needs a long bed crew cab like everyone has been saying for years:mad: .

Dik

7. mbwagoner

mbwagoner Well-Known Member

Since they have to make a new frame length to make a crew cab I'm guessing it will be available as a long bed. That was part of the reason for the mega cab, it reused the qc lb frame. I'm guessing that this change is part of the comments back that we'd rather have a crew cab long bed than a mega cab short bed. Of course no deffinate word on the HD line and we're only looking at the 1500 which probably won't have the long crew.

8. reddragon4x4

reddragon4x4 Well-Known Member

It looks a lot like an F150. Not sure if I like it. Put me in the "wait to see it in person" group.

9. Nitelord

Nitelord Well-Known Member

Media:
    I agree with the F150 look a like.

Maybe a Durango front end and a ram bed attached.

Sorry, not impressed so far. :doah:

10. gmcjimmy88

gmcjimmy88 Well-Known Member

Media:
    I just hope they do something different with the duall wheel fenders. I am not a fan off the current ones.

And of course and 8 foot bed.

11. rocknbronco

rocknbronco Well-Known Member

I like it I think it needs a longer bed and maybe some real fenders for the duallys.

12. twilson

twilson Well-Known Member

it'll look good in heavy duty trim, but if they don't have an 8 ft bed it won't compete, did they really dork it up that bad? I hope they finally did something to the interior. I know several friends right now that want the Cummins but are passing because of the interior.

13. cummins4x4

cummins4x4 Well-Known Member

ditto

kinda looks like a toyota..

14. BWdiver

BWdiver Member

I bought mine because it was the last of the 5.9L Megacabs, and just waiting to do the longbed conversion to finish off the look, I like the roominess of the Mega.

15. pete37922

pete37922 Member

reminds me of the fords interior when they switched over 2 the interior they have now !!!

16. Sparky

Sparky Well-Known Member

I like the side boxes and most of the upgrades but as I said in the other post it's starting to look too much like a ford both in the outside from the side and on the inside and the cruise control is not on the steering wheel anymore I really liked it there.

17. brods

brods Well-Known Member

Media:
    Nope.

Yep. Switch the grill to a generic one and take off all the ram badges and it just screams FORD both inside and out. Hopefully it looks better in person and they will do the 2500/3500s differently. Those side boxes are useless for anybody with a shell or camper. The doors should only be on the sides of the bed, not part of the top rail!

18. gmcjimmy88

gmcjimmy88 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Somone will make a specific cap for this truck that will cost 3 times more than normal. It is a good idea though. I seen somewhere (Detroit Auto Show coverage I think) that the side box will hold like 250 cans of "soda" (preferabally beer) and ice though. That is an awesome feature for when I am really thirsty LOL.

19. rocknbronco

rocknbronco Well-Known Member

I like those myself.....

20. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer Well-Known Member

Media:
    ok, i voted wait to see because just as with the current front end, a ton of people said they dont like it, then rushed out to buy one... lol

no, it seems since dodge has ben out of the lowered ride scene for a bit till the current body style came out i have a feeling the coil rear will be VERY popular for the guys who like to bag out thier rides. swap out the springs for bags and done with most of the work for an average bag job.

BUT, what will the 2500 and 3500 have? this is an oppertunity for a "first" for the dodge guys... GIVE US BAGS from the factory!! i assure them they would sell more trucks if they did that...

i guess time will tell.