2nd and third jobs, what do you guys think

Discussion in 'The Drivers Seat (Chit-Chat)' started by BurnedBronco, Oct 4, 2006.

1. BurnedBronco

BurnedBronco Well-Known Member

well, i am getting very busy, im young 22, and trying to make a name and a good living. currently working from 7-6 mon-friday as a car, light truck, and heavy truck mechanic as well as driving a rollback and a semi wrecker.
    this last month i have been making preperations to get my own side bussiness off the ground. have been buying shop tools, supplies, and my 60x60 building. have amy 10k hoist already installed, speicalty tools bought for doing custom roll cages, and suspensions as well as HD truck jacks and such. working on cars, trucks, and big trucks, as well as 4wd custom cages, suspenions and bolt ons at night and on the weekends, i am th eonly guy working an dhave a few accounts setup at the local car parts stroe, and truck parts store for them to deliver parts to me during the day while i am at my day job so i have minimal parts running around. been workign out ok, and have more than enough work to keep my busy 4 nights a week from 6:45-10, and sundays. been getting $40-$53 and hour depending on what it is.
    now heres the other hard part, got offered a job sinc ei got a cdlA plus hazmat by our sister company at work driving a fuel 6 wheeler and semi's in the mornings from 3:30-7 mon-friday plus saturday for 2 months fuelin contruction trucks. they have been a man down for months, and there one guy just got hurt leaving them with 2 drivers for 5 trucks. thinking of taking it, as i can make $20 an hour, and can leverage the boss at my day job to pay me more, as i can tell them i can make a few bucks less an hour doing a hell of a lot easier job, without getting my ass kicked working outside on trucks in the rain and snowl. will make me a ton, but i think i will just be dead to the world if a take it, espicailly now with my bussiness just getting off the ground.
    anybody drive a fuel pig, any thoughts?

2. rocknbronco

rocknbronco Well-Known Member

hmmm do you like driving more or working on them more?you could still swing the night time job also congrats on opening you own shop I know how it can be open mine in Sept.If it was me I would work on me so I could get more experince with a wrench than with the wheel driving has its own headaches as well,while you might take a pay cut you could always say hey I'm looking at taking this job could you give me a raise to stay worth the shot.