6.7L fuel filter replacement - Must read

Discussion in 'Dodge 3rd Gen Cummins 6.7 (24v)' started by 2007CUMMINZ, Sep 25, 2007.

1. 2007CUMMINZ

2007CUMMINZ Well-Known Member

I took my 6.7L in for a 6k service. I asked the shop to replace my fuel filter and let me see the contents of the filter to asertain if dirt or crud was in the filter. He came back to me and said the new type filter on the 6.7L was not a screw off type but needed to be changed out by the DC dealer. It is a modular unit with 2 sending units, 2 ports and a plastic screw off rig on the bottom to drain water in the fuel. He loosened the plastic gizmo on the bottom, drained the contents and hand tightened. When he cranked the cumminz it spewed diesel fuel everywhere. He removed the plastic gizmo on the bottom the the very small rubber "O" ring had broke and did not seal. We called every dealer in 60 miles and NO one had just a seal. Shop visited a dealer 20 miles away and purchased an entire modular filter to get a new "O" ring. I would suggest to all you 6.7L owners to get your dealer to order you a couple of these rings.
    Guess what this modular fuel filter sells for?

[​IMG]

$18.00

2. gone camping

gone camping Well-Known Member

Media:
    Thats' a great Idea. Drained mine a couple weeks ago just for the heck of it. It sealed just fine but an extra seal or two on hand would be smart.waytogo