6 speed auto

Discussion in 'Dodge 3rd Gen Cummins 6.7 (24v)' started by jake, Dec 3, 2008.

1. jake

jake Well-Known Member

Anyone here have any input on how the new auto tranny is holding up? How many miles does everyone have on there trucks by now? How does it compare with an Allison? Seems everyone is concerned abouth the new 6.7 comparing with the 5.9, how about some input on the tranny behind it.waytogo

2. gbuddenhagen

gbuddenhagen Well-Known Member

tranny is good, shifts real hard under heavy loads....but the regen and emisions system is junk and the truck is not reliable at all... just had mine bought back 3 weeks ago from chrysler under texas lemon law.... the truck was my lively hood my business but gave it up just to many warranty issues.....

3. CK5

CK5 WhooHoo! Administrator Moderator

Media:
    Wow, thats to bad, what did you replace it with?

4. gbuddenhagen

gbuddenhagen Well-Known Member

due too financial problems from the truck and hurricane ike, bought a used 2006 gmc ext cab z-71 gas truck....payment went from 678 to 300.....i have my hands full with construction work now on the island.....

5. jake

jake Well-Known Member

Thats to bad. :mad: Hope you like your gmc, should be a nice riding truck. Hopefully dodge will get that problem taken care of. Anyone else have a bad experience with these newer trucks?

6. Rob Knoell

Rob Knoell Well-Known Member

To avoid having problems with the new trucks folks are resorting to removing the DPF and the EGR. After the removal you will have to reprogram the vehicles ECU. Problem 1 solved but, you have introduced new problems. You are not going to pass any emission testing, and the dealer will no longer perform any repairs. Your warentee is history. Not to mention that it is illeagal. But, you have a new truck that will, hopefully, not have any problems. Just don't let Johnny Law catch ya'.

LT.

7. jake

jake Well-Known Member

How critical is it to pass an emission inspection. I have an anual DOT inspection done on my truck and nothing was ever checked as far as emissions. Also been pulled over by DOT on the road and nothing there either. I'm not advocating breaking the law, just curious. I live in Indiana, by the way.

Obviously the only problems most people are having is with the emission stuff, as I'v so far not heard of any problems with the tranny. Anyone have any input on the tranny, is it comparable to an Allison, as far as smooth shifting and the gear ratios?