95 Dodge 5.9 worth anything??

Discussion in 'Dodge 2nd Gen Cummins 5.9 (12v)' started by b454rat, Feb 21, 2007.

1. b454rat

b454rat Member

Talked to a buddy today, he told me about a 95 RCLB 4x4 5-speed that can get pretty cheap. There was a small fire under the hood, but didn't do any major damage other than melted wires. It still runs with a jumper pack. I don't really know sh!t about diesels, other than they can make ALOT of power, and that is what I want. So is this thing any good, worth getting a turning it up??

2. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    The P pumped Cummins that is in that truck is the most capable of making huge power than any other diesel pickup out there.

With that, you have to decide on how good of a mechanic you are and if you can figure out the wiring situation or if you can afford to pay someone else to do it.

3. Diesel Nut

Diesel Nut Well-Known Member

Media:
    Wiring is one thing that can really drive you nuts if you aren't really really good at it. That said, cheap is good. I like cheap. How much? Hows the rest of the truck look?

4. rat_power_78

rat_power_78 Well-Known Member

If its cheap enough and the rest of the truck is in decent shape then I think it would definetly be worth buying. Around here at least, its near impossible to find a decent regular cab 4x4 ctd stick truck.

5. b454rat

b454rat Member

Wiring isn't one of my strong points, but I work next to a pretty good diesel shop, they could probly help out. I talked to my buddy who told me about the truck, right now it's up to his old man, if he wants it. I don't want to buy it from under him. But, if he does call and says he doen'st want it, then I'm gonna go look at then go from there. I don't remember what the body was like, either decent or trashed, can't remember. But for the price, I dont care what its like. Oh, and I can get it for $500.

6. rat_power_78

rat_power_78 Well-Known Member

$500??? Seriously?!?!?! That would definetly be worth it! If it was me, Id be doin everything I could to get my hands on that thing. Even if you dont want it, buy it and put it up for sale. You should be able to double your money at least unless the rest of the truck is totally trashed beyond repair.

7. b454rat

b454rat Member

I figured that I can't go wrong getting it for that price. I hope I hear back from the guy, so then I can get it. For now gotta play the waiting game, inless I nag him......