?_So does anyone own any Hot Rods or Muscle Cars_?

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by carguy9135, Jan 21, 2007.

1. carguy9135

carguy9135 Well-Known Member

Media:
    waytogo So does anyone own any Hot Rods or Muscle Cars. Before I was truly into deisels and off-roading, I was the biggest Hot Rod Freak. I went to every car show that was in Colorado. I am very interested. So what do you guys own? POST PICS IF POSSIBLE!!! waytogo

2. pauly383

pauly383 Member

Media:
    I have a 70 Chevelle . About ready to kick , my aborted truggy project out of the garage to start the Chevelle teardown :pimp:

3. gmcjimmy88

gmcjimmy88 Well-Known Member

Media:
    I got the 67 F-100 a/w garage space.

4. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod Well-Known Member

Here's my 69 Camaro.. not a "special" model or anything, I just dumped a ton of money into what was once a straight six - powerglide car.

it has a:

331 CID small block ( 327 bored 30 over)

TH350 trans w/3,000 stall 11 inch ( I think ) converter

3:37 gears in a 12 bolt.

Front disc brakes

Heads are "461" fuelie heads that have been gone over, with roller tip rockers, comp cams K - kit 490 lift cam, 2 bolt studded mains. ACCEL HEI ignition..

Dynoed in sept. at 253 RWHP, ( stock was 180 at the flywheel )264 RWTQ at about 5200 RPM.. She'll sit there and scream at 4 grand on the freeway all day long, with my furthest trip being 6 hours one way, from cleveland to woodstock ontario back in 1998.. runs fine on 89 octane & my fuel catalyst ( upping octane to 98), and my oil, tranny & gear lubes.

for comparisons sake, earlier dyno testing showed max power at 247 RWHP, 257 RWTQ, before I used these products, and I never tuned the car before either dyno sesion..

All paint & body done by me, with the exception of the floorpans, & quarter panels.. I also have S & W race car boxed rear frame rails under it, & they are tied to the front subframe. This car was a rust bucket when I got it back in 1986..

Quarter mile times have always been in the 14's.. I think I have the wrong gearing for that( not to mention the little motor ).. when I first built the car, It had a built 'glide and 4:88's.. unfortunately I was working so much OT back then, I never took the car out to the track.. I swapped to the 3:73's & TH 350 when I figured out I wanted to "see the usa in my chevrolet" and drive it everywhere..

Hope you like it.

Tom

Attached Files:

5. 06bowtie_guy

06bowtie_guy Well-Known Member

Media:
    Tom, that is a real nice camaro.

I have a 66 Chevelle. Current project not anywhere near ready for the road. Non numbers matching driver once done.
    Screw barret-jackson and their $400K numbers matching cars that never get driven. rotfl

6. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod Well-Known Member

Thanks for the nice words.. I have a place in my heart for the 66 chevelles.. my dad recently finished the 66 he inherited from HIS dad, who bought it new.. it's a 4 door sedan ( no post ) four door car, 283 powerglide.

I'll see if I can get some pics of it, and post them up..

trailers are for horses, lol...

7. rat_power_78

rat_power_78 Well-Known Member

Ive got a 78 Malibu that really wants to be a muscle car i dropped a 396 Rat into. Its bored .030" over, ARP-ed, steel crank, mildly ;) worked "049" heads, Harland Sharp roller rockers, RPM Air Gap intake, and 750 Holley double pumper. The TH350 (number two...:D ) has a tci 3000 stall converter and a shift kit. Its currently in pieces getting an Isky solid lifter cam. I have a 4 speed and all the parts to put it in, just waiting for time to do that swap, as well as the Ford 9" with 4.11 gears. The old 2.73 one-legger just isnt workin for me. rotfl Still gotta paint it too, just hasnt been a real high priority yet.

8. carguy9135

Media:
    My uncle owns a 70 Chevelle SS. It is dark green with black stripes. Dont have any photos. Sorry. :mad: :doah: He currently has a 454 in it but he does have the original 396 matching numbers motor. He bought it for under 20k. I highly doubt it would go for over 200k at Barrett Jackson LOL

9. rocknbronco

rocknbronco Well-Known Member

nice bowtie there I have a 65 stang thats got lots of cancer and needs everything..

10. pauly383

pauly383 Member

Media:
    I am not worrying about my originality , its a Malibu trim car . The 307 and bucket seats are long gone now . I just refuse to put SS emblems on it , my one little nuance , its going to be what it is , a modified Malibu .

On a shelf in the garage is a freshly machined 4 bolt block and set of .060 over slugs . Gonna run that for awhile since its ready to assemble :pimp:

I also have most of what I need to assemble a 383 save for the crank , but think I may do that for another Blazer I want to score next year or two waytogo

11. fore-speed

fore-speed Well-Known Member

Media:
    I use my Dodge to pull the classics

I do transport antique and classics for lots of other people but I do it to justify owning my truck and trailer for my own use. These are my current rides, plus a building with two parts cars and a fair amount of used parts.
    2007 Nova Calendar 004.JPG
    This picture was taken last year for the 2007 Calendar.
    MVC-005F.JPG
    This is a current picture, in the shop, as the car suspension has been upgraded to include 4 wheel disc brakes, a little lower stance and new wheels and tires.

12. fore-speed

Media:
    A classic ride that will cruise.

This is the other classic ride I have. It is pretty much all original except for a 350 V-8 and 350 turbo trans upgrade. This car is identical to the car we used for prom night back in 64. This is used primarily to attend the local cruise nights although it has been driven across the U.S. including a week in Reno for "Hot August Nights". This car was purchased in British Columbia, Canada and driven to Michigan.
    big bark no bite.JPG
    That is my body guard, she also enjoys riding in the truck.

13. rocknbronco

rocknbronco Well-Known Member

waytogo Sweetwaytogo

14. carguy9135

Media:
    Are those American Racing Torque Thrust II? Those look really nice. I like the paint too!

15. carguy9135

Media:
    Here is my current "Hot Rod" LOL. Here is a look at my state record Co2 Drag Racer. I hold the current State Record in Colorado with a 60 foot time close to .60 Sec. Pretty damn fast! If you havnt noticed, it is my little picture thing with my name! The longer one is the state record holder. The shorter one used in my name/photo, has a record but it doesnt qualify for a state record because it is too short.

https://towrig.com/photos/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/2185
    waytogo waytogo waytogo waytogo waytogo waytogo waytogo waytogo waytogo waytogo waytogo waytogo waytogo waytogo waytogo waytogo

16. fore-speed

Media:
    Wheels and Tires

The new wheels are Coys 17 x 7 with 4 1/2 inch back space. Of course they don't have the centers on in the photo's, we were still making adjustments for height. This was the largest wheel we could use with the lower stance and no body mods. The paint is called Tangerine but it is over 10 years old and a single stage so the next stop if the paint booth. Same color only base coat, clear two stage.
    This car is one of about 600 built and sold only by Canadian Pontiac Dealers in 1963.

17. gmcjimmy88

gmcjimmy88 Well-Known Member

Media:
    pics of my project

Here is the 67 f-100 I spoke of earlier. Need work but a good project and an excellent price. I am thinking about Silver and black. Black top and bottom and silver in the middle.

Attached Files:

18. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Member

I had a Hemi in my dodge pickup way before Dodge sold them

[​IMG]

19. Woods

Woods Well-Known Member

I've got a red 67 chevelle, no recent pics and its stuffed in the garage till spring. :pimp:

20. cypress_33415

cypress_33415 New Member