A town that want you to own guns

Discussion in 'The Drivers Seat (Chit-Chat)' started by rocknbronco, Jan 17, 2007.

1. rocknbronco

rocknbronco Well-Known Member

2. Justice

Justice Well-Known Member

Media:
    Interesting, very interesting. Stands to reason though. Being a gun owner and shotgun sports fan I'm all for people owning guns and protecting them selves but at the sametime you have to admit you probally know a few people that just really dont need guns either.

Here in Illinois we have whats called a FOID card. You have to have one to buy a gun or ammo. This poses a problem to outta staters cause no card, no shells. Anyway the card registration is handled by the State Police. It is in place so if you go to buy a gun the store/shop owner can call in your FOID # and get your background check. Certin thinks will keep you from getting your card and they can actually revoke your card. I like this idea and think that doing it nationally would not be such a bad thing.

National gun registration i am aginst! Saying yes you can or no you cant buy that is one thing. But knowing everything I own is another.

3. rocknbronco

rocknbronco Well-Known Member

that card I think would really draw sportsman to other states I wont be hunting there I feel for ya on that one.

4. Justice

Justice Well-Known Member

Media:
    Well for me its not that big of a deal but for anyone from outta state they CANT buy ammo. Thats the really bad part. My parents mannage a hunt club so it tends to bite them, anyone that is from outta state has to bring enuff ammo for how ever long they plan on staying or have someone else buy it for them.

5. Woods

Woods Well-Known Member

We live in a rural area, and it can take a while for the police to get there. The county police suggest we have a gun for protection. I have noticed more people reloading their own ammo.

6. keebler

keebler Active Member

I agree with having a gun in the home, but I also believe that everyone in the house is educated in how when and where it is to be used. Just like that other fellow says "guns kill people like playboy gives you carpal tunnel"waytogo