Air Bag accesories

Discussion in 'Towing Equipment' started by Seventy4Blazer, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer Well-Known Member

Media:
    what do you have?

i have fire stone ride rites, but am looking for an in cab controller and thinking about on board air (killby interprises)

where did you mount your gauges, electric senders or mechanical, how did you wire it? where are your tanks ad how big?

here is what i am thinking for me...
    remove the leaky quick fit tube setup they supply ad switch to copper tube. run the bags in paralel as the fact the goose is always a level side to side load. run them to a set of selanoids, one for fill and one for dump. electricaly controlled. run a T fitting and put a pressure sender on that side.

run a 5 gallon air tank under the bed behind the left rear wheel and a pressure sender on that. have a quick connect on the front and rear bumpers. then run on board air like normal.

switches and gauges would all go to the right of the steering wheel but to the left of the radio on the dash.

any input?
    Grant

2. TonyB

TonyB Member

I am considering the kilby kit for air, after I buy mine.

It may be easier to buy the controller kit, rather than build one.

I have a similar setup on my flatbed trailer; a york, run by a 3hp briggs.

For the tank, stop by a big truck wrecking yard. It should be pretty cheap. I setup 2 tanks on my trailer.

There should be space on the right side of the truck, near the front of the bed, an area that is pretty much unused.

HTH

Tony

3. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer Well-Known Member

Media:
    Tony,

i agree on the tank choice, but location will not work there for me as i will be going to a stack some day after i go flat bed dually. when that happens i will have plenty of space for some air tanks, tool boxes and other doo dads.

i dont like any of the kits out there, so i will have to make my own.
    Grant