AMSOIL Price Increase July 1st

Discussion in 'Oils and Lubricants' started by Subdriver, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Subdriver

Subdriver Well-Known Member

Due to the increasing price of basestock and additives, AMSOIL is implementing a small price adjustment effective July 1st. Although I can’t quote prices online, the increase is about 2-4% for most of the AMSOIL synthetic oils, and about 1-2% for the transmission and differential fluids.

So for those of you using, or considering using AMSOIL, you can save a few percent by stocking up this week.

The price increase of bulk and packaged lubricants is impacting all lubricant companies. Each has been forced to increase lubricant prices to compensate. I subscribe to Lube Report, an Industry Newsletter and have been seeing price increases on a regular basis.

The AMSOIL release announcing the price increase has some data I found interesting. Using 1976 as a baseline, here are the price increases of some common household products and other lubricants (not sure of the source of this data)
    AMSOIL 10w40 52%
    Valvoline 10w40 414% (non-synthetics are going up much faster than synthetics)
    Quaker State 10w30 288%
    Gas 395%
    House 383%
    Milk 118%
    Bread 373%
    New Car 427%

If anyone wants specific pricing info, please drop me an email or PM.

2. rocknbronco

rocknbronco Well-Known Member

Thats not all that shocking to me and I honestly wish we could jack our prices up on conventional oils right now most of your quick lubes are droping prices on extra services to try to cope with higher gas prices and lack of customers and increase in oil prices of course some places are offering 9.99 oil change but whos oil are they using.

3. Subdriver

Subdriver Well-Known Member

Those prices always made me very nervous. Who knows that they are putting in your car. :eek:

4. rocknbronco

rocknbronco Well-Known Member

yeah thats what I tell my customers our oil changes may cost more but we are quicker and our products are of great quailty and we know whats best for your vehicle.