Any ATV or Motorx'ers here?

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by CK5, Feb 25, 2005.

1. CK5

CK5 WhooHoo! Administrator Moderator

Media:
    Just curious, how young did you get your kids on a mini-bike or ATV?

2. BadDog

BadDog TRC Staff Staff Member

Media:
    I got a honda Z-50 when I was 6, built a garage sale Honda 125 dirtbike myself when I was 11 or so, built a 340 'Cuda when I was 15, went on to racing dirt bikes and cars.

Now I have a leg that was cut off and reattached, a plastic knee, several steel pins and plates, a hand full of screws and wires, and only a single bone from the knee to ankle in my left leg. Most of this had happened by the time I was 18...

My son is almost 18 and has never had a motor cycle and is intact other than a chipped tooth.

3. CK5

Media:
    Hmmm, maybe basket weaving is in order. :D

4. BadDog

BadDog TRC Staff Staff Member

Media:
    Exactly... :D

5. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    I used to ride in my dad's lap when I was 2 years old on his snowmobile (ahhhhhhhhh :eek: )
    Then I rode on the two seater snowmobile with mom riding until I was about 4. We stopped snowmobiling for a few years there(parents divorce) and dad got back into it when I was 8. I then have had my own snowmobile since and 12 years later I have an '04 700 Polaris Verticle Escape. waytogo We have lately gotten into ATV's also and I have an '01 Kawasaki 300 Lakota 2wd. It's my work vehicle during the summer because I use it to irrigate with all morning long out in the rice. :pimp: Dad has that new '05 Limited Edition Yamaha Grizzly 660, much bigger than my little Lakota. rotfl I'd like to get a Polaris Scrambler next year if I can afford it. :pimp:

6. FordCummins1

FordCummins1 Well-Known Member

Media:
    I had one dirtbike or another since about 8yrs old. Honda 50s were a great starter bike. Then moved up to 100s (10 yrs old), then a 4stroke 250 (14 yrs old) which netted me a broken collar bone. Then to an RM125 (17 yrs old) for a few years. A couple Yamaha Blasters along they, which got me a broken wrist. And one Banshee that was insane. Ive since sold all the ATVs and bikes in order to put money towards trucks and trail rigs :D

7. CK5

Media:
    Ahh, the Honda 50, that was my first ride that had a motor as well, almost indestructable. waytogo

8. FordCummins1

FordCummins1 Well-Known Member

Media:
    The old Honda 4strokes, assuming you rode them at least once in a while, were about the most reliable motors Ive ever seen. Tough as nails, great design but still simple to work on, and for what they were they moved pretty good. Still probably one of the most fun bikes Ive ever ridden.