Any HUNTERS out there???

Discussion in 'The Drivers Seat (Chit-Chat)' started by carguy9135, Feb 3, 2007.

1. carguy9135

carguy9135 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Right now, I am in the process of getting my Hunters Safety thing done and getting a hunting license. I am from Kansas and basically everyone in my family has shot something besides me and my bro. He doesnt want to get his so im gettin mine. I am really into hunting but ive only gone a couple of times but never shot anything. Just went along. Coyote/Fox hunting is a year-round thing in Colorado and the license just costs $26 in state so im gonna start out with that. Plus, i only have to drive about 4 miles away from my house to a small city called Loievers, and you can hunt all you want around there, so thats a plus!

So are there any hunters on this website? Got any interesting stories? Any pics of game you got???

2. whiterocket5.9

whiterocket5.9 Well-Known Member

i got into bow hunting a few years ago havent killed anything yet ive bought tags the last 3 years and only wnt the first year really no excuse except that if its not nice enough to work in i dont want to be sitting in a stand freezing or getting rained on.we have soem of the best whitetail in the nation around theese parts and i havent killed one yet ill get oen eventually. i could have had 2 deer my first year but i screwed up with the same rookie mistake both times in a matter of about 30 minutes i had my finger on the realese both times i drew back.....moron lol im more of a fisherman anyway :)

3. Justice

Justice Well-Known Member

Media:
    Im a bird hunter my parrents mannage a private hunting club in the area and Im also in to shotgun sports. Trap, sporting clays, that sort of thing.

4. carguy9135

Media:
    Oh, by the way, this is really ironic. I have never shot a gun! And my grandpa is the State Champion for Trapshooting in Kansas for like the last 3 years. How ironic is that, forgot to bring that up.

5. whiterocket5.9

well...that is kinda crazy but ive heard stranger stuff no time to start liek the present and id say you have a more than qualified instructor

6. carguy9135

Media:
    Ya, thats for sure

7. rocknbronco

rocknbronco Well-Known Member

Well I'm a fellow hunter who loves deer hunting but for the six years I have been doing it havent scored jack,of course the last two years I havent been able to really hunt much. I love bird hunting and I have killed quite a few quails and phesants to date and I also love coon hunting but recent growth and non understanding folks about the sport has made it a bit harder around here. One day I hope to hunt out west and do some bear hunting in Mid Tn with Plott Hounds,my favorite hound is Black and Tan,and I'm wanting to get a Chocolate Lab again to start duck hunting. I also like fishing but dont care for eating fish at all:D

8. whiterocket5.9

well im glad im not the only one with a goose egg for the score lol ive actually started a collection of unused tags on my gun safe sheesh, also whats up with using dogs to hunt bears? im not saying its unethical or none of that crap i was jsut wondering i know its got to make it faster is that the only reason? also i know a guy that hunts on the outdoor shannel from tiem to time and does he have soem storries man all he does is bow hunt. bear moose carribou elk whitetail he gets em all. was tellin me about a caribou hunt him and another guy. anyway his partner had shot this caribou but hadnt downed it he had 3 arrows and i f i remember the story rite he had missed with the first and the other 2 were bad shots or something. anyway this caribou was pretty much rite on them but couldnt see them. his partner was out of arrows and snuck around this tree and yanked one of em outta the caribou lol that takes balls man. he dropped it with that arrow:) its a crazy story i know but this guy isnt the type to make up soem b.s.

9. rocknbronco

I like hunting with dogs and enjoy training dogs as well I used to train sar k9's for our county until the unit had to many problem people with bad dogs. I must say I do enjoy the speed it offers but there is nothing like a coon dog's bays to me I find them fun dogs as well but can be hard to train.

10. carguy9135

Media:
    I have a dog but he is not much of a hunting dog. He is a yellow lab and his name is Murray. The small game license im getting covers coyote, fox, prairie dog, racoon, and other animals like that. Im hoping this summer when i go to my uncles farm i get to do some hunting out there.

11. Mark.

Mark. New Member

colorado's small game license covers pheasant and quall. but no water foul

12. carguy9135

Media:
  13. Allen Zimmerman

Allen Zimmerman Member

i hunt just about everything (deer,bear,predators,small game,waterfowl, anything really) and fish a lot too. i raise and train coonhounds and competitively hunt them for money and other prizes.

Allen

14. carguy9135

Media:
    Thats a pretty cool job. We trained our lab but he like forgot everything and sucks at hunting now.

15. Allen Zimmerman

Allen Zimmerman Member

i do it for a little extra cash to buy a nicer truck lol. i enjoy it though just very time consuming.

16. rocknbronco

What kind of breed are you using for your hunting?

17. Allen Zimmerman

Allen Zimmerman Member

black and tans and i train walkers for my friend

18. rocknbronco

Sweet my favwaytogo

19. carguy9135

Media:
    Technically my dog is not a yellow lab....he is half yellow and half black and around this area they call them Red Labs! Coolest dog on earth!waytogo

20. littlemrsmopar

littlemrsmopar Active Member

I am a hunter and fisher. I river fish for salmon and trout and other game fish.

But my first love is archery hunting. I just got a brand new Cougar C4 from Martin (Im on the Silver Star Team so I get one bow every year) and am in the process of setting it up to hunt with. I hope to maybe hit some 3D shoots over the summer and be ready to go when whitetail season hits. I also love big game hunting mostly bear and elk, and a little bit of predator hunting in the off season.

My method is spot and stalk, I cant stand being stuck in a tree stand all day long. And I love nothing more than to trailer up to a trailhead and pack in the rest of the way on horses. Then spend a week or so out in the woods doing nothin' but huntin' and campin' and drinkin' and spending time with friends and family.