Any Interest in Gas Rigs?

Discussion in 'GM Gas Engine Rigs' started by OldSub, May 29, 2010.

1. OldSub

OldSub New Member

This is both a question and an introduction of sorts...

I came here hoping to find more discussion of gas-powered two rigs. I'm not a fan of the smell or noise the Diesel trucks make and have penciled out that I just don't tow enough to make the economics of a Diesel make sense. While resale might recapture the initial added expense, that's capital that is tied up and not available elsewhere...

This part of the forum seems dead. Are there people who are paying attention and would dialog or do I need to keep looking for like-minded folks in other places?

Today I have three gas-powered tow rigs. An '89 K3500 with a 454 and TH400 that is unfortunately totaled. A '91 K2500 with a 350/700r4 that isn't up to the job and a Cadillac 500 powered '54 GMC 1-ton with a TH400 and GM 14-bolt and front IFS with disk brakes that isn't quite finished.

I prefer old trucks and would love to find a place to talk about what it takes to keep them safe and productive towing on today's roads. My daily driver is usually a Corvette because its more economical and easier to park than the trucks. I have a collection of mostly rusty '47 to '55 1st Chevy and GMC trucks including a '55 1st GMC Suburban that can be driven daily and on trips. Don't make the mistake of thinking I'm rich, all my vehicles totaled together including the 'vette cost less than my wife's modern driver. She has a new one I drive the old stuff.

These old trucks are my real passion and I'm often found on forums that cater to that crowd. However that crowd is more about hot rodding or restoring 1/2-tons and I'm more focused on hot rod tow rigs these days.

2. OldSub

OldSub New Member

13 views and no replies. That isn't a definitive response but it does suggest that interest here is minimal.

Are there other forums you might suggest where I'd find what I'm looking for?

If not is there any interest in starting one? I wouldn't be above registering a domain name and hosting a forum in hopes of developing the community I'm trying to find.

3. OldSub

OldSub New Member

I've given up looking and started a new forum devoted to old gas powered tow rigs.

www.OldGasTowRigs.com.

Please feel welcome to check it out and join if you're one interested in the topic.