balancing problem

Discussion in 'Tires | Wheels' started by racerdoc, Nov 25, 2007.

1. racerdoc

racerdoc New Member

Put the "big rig" Alcoa 22.5s on my new 08 Dodge dually 4x4 for better mileage and pulling a heavy LQ horse trailer with gooseneck. Having a problem getting the rears balanced> Tried on-truck balancing and even centrimatics. The tires are Hankook. Anyone with suggestions or experience with this? Its frustrating.

2. gbuddenhagen

gbuddenhagen Well-Known Member

i had a problem with 6 brand new coopers on my dodge drw...the truck would not drive straight for nothing and would not balance very well either, got rid of them for michelins and problem was solved....but i have aquired a new allingment issue recently....it could be tires or out of round rims.....

3. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    Normally the rears on dual axle trucks don't get balanced, from what I've seen anyway.

You went with a 175lbs tire/wheel to get better fuel mileage?:confused:

4. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer Well-Known Member

Media:
    i had 265-70-19.5's on my dodge and they didnt like to balance at all. i even tried the dyna beads. no joy with them at all.

when i got the 245's i was skeptical of the Equal they were using in them, but i tell ya what, i have had no problems at all. they ride NICE!

5. strictlyv8

strictlyv8 Well-Known Member

When I had the 22.5 on my truck I went to a local buy that cuts and balances big rigs and had him do my truck.