BFT-Prettiest truck I ever saw

Discussion in 'General Tow Rig Discussion' started by 2007CUMMINZ, May 12, 2008.

1. 2007CUMMINZ

2007CUMMINZ Well-Known Member

Truly built for towing.
    988 Front springs
    modified cold air factory intake
    245x70x19.5 "F" rated Goodyear G647 tires
    68rfe 4.10 LS gears
    MBRP 5" DPF to tip exhaust
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. dodgerep

dodgerep Well-Known Member

Media:
    Well, I am sure we have been here before.....
    I don't mean to put down anyones truck, none of mine are even pretty enough to post on this site, but when people start putting BFT on the trucks, I have to say something.

May be great for pulling a single trailer set to match the truck, (weekend warrior) but for real towing, the truck faces way too many limitations. First is by having a four wheel drive with larder tires and rims, limits your ability to pull certain trailers. You have to keep in mind that all trailers are not built with the same ride height, and having to drop a 5er all the way down to its lowest setting limits the clearance between the bed rails and the bottom of the trailer, which limits your ability to pull into or out of certain drives and climb certain grades that require additional clearance to avoid damage.

I recently read the article in Diesel power magazine that claimed to have a 5500 BFT, which was also a joke for a real work truck. If you look at the towing ability on a 4500/5500 versus a 3500, you gain on the GVWR, but you lose on the GCVWR due to the extra weight of the tractor.

Then consider that you may have to pull a small trailer that is has low ground clearance. Your extra body clearance raises the bumper to a point that the trailer rides wheelies, even with an 8" drop, you are still too high to allow proper level towing of a trailer. If you were to go to an 8-10" drop, you would lose weight ability to pull. Simple Physics.

Great street truck I am sure, and probably gets alot of looks, but BFT? too many people out there seem to be throwing that name around a lot and crediting it to trucks that are ...Pick Ups, not BFT's.

BFT= Tow anything, anywhere, anytime in any kind of weather, on any surface, for a minimum of a half million miles. That is the Definition of BFT.

in my opinion.

3. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    Is it for sale? I need something for the wife..... :stir:

4. 2007CUMMINZ

Hey Dodgerep,

The BFT 5500 you saw in the diesel magazine was a 3500. As far as having the perfect tow vehicle I never said that. I have equipped my rig to tow my RV not everyone else's rig. I did not want a true 4500/5500 because for the weight I pull and haul the 5500 would beat me to death. And yes I do have a street pickup truck. That is what I wanted. The height level of my RV is perfect for the clearances on my truck.

I don't think "BFT" is in Webster's dictionary. I built it for towing my rig. And it is not for sale at any price.

5. 2007CUMMINZ

Nothing about lasting 500,000 miles.

BFT Bachelor of Foreign Trade BFT BareFoot Teens BFT Basic Fighter Transition BFT Basic Flying Training BFT Battle Fitness Test BFT Battle Focused Trainer BFT Battle Force Tank (computer game) BFT Beamforming Technique BFT Beaufort (International wind scale used in weather reporting) BFT Big Fat Target BFT Big Fat Tummy BFT Binary File Transfer BFT Blue Fin Tuna BFT Blue Force Tracker BFT Blue Force Tracking BFT Blunt Force Trauma BFT Boardfeet BFT Bout Freakin' Time (polite form) BFT Brevard Federation of Teachers BFT Built Ford Tough BFT Byzantine Fault Tolerance BFT Northern Bluefin Tuna (FAO fish species code) BFT Batch File Transmission BFT Broadcast File Transfer

6. dodgerep

dodgerep Well-Known Member

Media:

Okay, Okay... lol. Point taken. I knew my opinions would tick folks off at me. My wife said so.

7. jake

jake Well-Known Member

rotfl rotfl Interesting!! :popcorn:

8. Full Pull

Full Pull Well-Known Member

Media:
    looks good.

9. BEROWDY

BEROWDY Active Member

:popcorn: