bio-diesel runs great

Discussion in 'Alternative Fuels' started by BadgerBlackSigns, Feb 23, 2006.

1. BadgerBlackSigns

BadgerBlackSigns Member

Just wondering if anyone has given bio-diesel a try. I used it all last summer with no problems. Even ran it 100%.

2. BadDog

BadDog TRC Staff Staff Member

Media:
    Local purveyor of Bio out here runs B100 in his DMax and claims no problems for some 100k miles or so (don’t recall the mileage he claims, but quite a bit). But it worries me a bit in a 30k psi common rail. If I had an old mechanical CTD, PSD, or DD I would almost certainly be running it (even though I would have to go about 20 miles to his station to fill up). At one point I was looking at a 4BT for my K5 specifically with ideas of running B100…

If they keep on with the low sulfer stuff, we may all be needing to run B10-B25 just for lubrication...

3. budkole

budkole Well-Known Member

Media:
    I cant even recall seeing anywhere within 100 miles of me that even sells bio:confused: Maybe I will try some one day. It may be cool for my truck to smell like popcornrotfl

4. stallion85

stallion85 Well-Known Member

Media:
    All of our GOV vehicles here at Nellis AFB run on BDI. No trend of problems yet for the fleet, although they do not like to put it in back up generators that sit for a long time. They say the oil seperates from the fuel. Who knows.......:popcorn:

5. Subdriver

Subdriver Well-Known Member

I've never seen it, so personally haven't used it, but a buddy of mine who lives in Omaha says he uses it all the time in his Dodge with no ill effects noted.

6. BadgerBlackSigns

BadgerBlackSigns Member

The place I get it is also a dealer for the system to make your own. I've helped him a few times, really simple. He uses the "Fuel Meister" system to make it. My dad also bought a system from them, but the Chevy dealer near him spooked him out of using it. Now he's selling it to one of my good friends.

7. MrTow

MrTow Well-Known Member

No reason to be "spooked" about Biodiesel IF you run it in the recommended ratio, but I think the best fuel to use is waste vegetable oil. Find a restaurant that uses ONLY non-hydrogenated oil, then buy a heated and filtered tank system from a company that specializes in these conversions. Two I've found are;

www.goldenfuelsystems.com and

www.plantdrive.com

These systems are not cheap but you will recoup your investment very quickly, especially if you drive a lot every day. Perfect for commercial use too.

8. john12121

john12121 Member

Day by day increasing diesel prices lead me to use bio-diesel..I already use bio-diesel which is a 20% blend of bio-diesel with 80% petroleum diesel in my other car and found no real problems at all..i think it will best alternative for diesel and petrol and should be made easily and cheaply available in future..

9. Boyer343

Boyer343 New Member

Been running the 20% bio fuel in our 08 duramax with no issues. 85k miles on it and never had a single issue. Burns really clean.

10. CK5

CK5 WhooHoo! Administrator Moderator

Media:
    Good to hear everyone is getting good results!