Biodiesel Banned in Texas

Discussion in 'Alternative Fuels' started by 4by4bygod, Dec 20, 2006.

1. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod Well-Known Member

2. Grey Wolf

Grey Wolf Well-Known Member

Media:
    I don't think Willie's gonna be to happy about that:mad:

3. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    WTF?:eek: I thought that was the idea of biodiesel...LESS emmissions. Sounds like some something JR Ewing would be behind...rotfl :doah:

4. 4by4bygod

Thought I would update

The ban was lifted a few weeks ago.. TCEQ has given the biodiesel industry yet another year to prove biodiesel does not raise Nox Levels.

Kind of reminds me of Al Gore.. count 'em again until you get the result you want.

I'll dig around for a link and post it later.

5. rocknbronco

rocknbronco Well-Known Member

poor Willie they always rain on his parade.

6. MrTow

MrTow Well-Known Member

Not funny.

7. duckmanquacker

duckmanquacker Well-Known Member

may not have been funny to you but it is true

8. carguy9135

carguy9135 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Hmmm that is weird. Itleast they gave it a second chance.

9. 4by4bygod

Well, there's so much money coming from the biodiesel lobby, there's no way they wouldn't.

I'm really OK with folks using biofuels if they want to.. what I would prefer is that the people sellling the stuff would be more forthcoming about the long term effects it has on emissions and engines..

There's too much at stake regarding Nox emissions, for the issue to be swept under the rug like it has been..

10. carguy9135

Media:
    To be honest, i havnt seen anywhere around my area were u could buy biodiesel, or if they do i havnt noticed. I also noticed they dont sell much ethanol around here.

11. 4by4bygod

E85 pumps are few and far between, but pretty much all gasoline has a 10% blend of ethanol already in it now. It's being used as an oxygenate, replacing MTBE.

12. MrTow

MrTow Well-Known Member

No it isn't.

13. mattwehrly

mattwehrly Active Member

There are lots of companies and rtd running their fleet vehicle on biodiesel in the denver areas. there is also quite a few of us making biodiesel at home from WVO. It doesn't hurt your vehicle if its make right but does have a solvent effect on the crud in your tank if your vehcle is a couple years old. emissions are less and the NOX that everyone is talking about is no more than the amount the plant originally used in growing. It just a cylcle. big oil just doesn't like competion. On a side note Exon just bought a biodiesel plant capable of making a millon gallons of biodiesel a year. Bio diesel is a viable option to fossile fuels and the infastructure is already in place unlike most of the other crappy ideas like E85,hydrogen and electric which use more energy to make than they produce. yes my truck smells like french fries and for less that a $1 a gallon it cost way less to. there is no perceptable loss in performance either.

14. carguy9135

Media:
    Ya my dad told me that.

15. redneck rampage

redneck rampage New Member

i have yet to see any bio pumps anywhere.

arizona, california, idaho, washington, oregon, utah....

NOTHING!!!!

i have many, many questions about the alternative fuel sources that are being knocked around, one of which is what will the price of corn on the cob be if the fuels are corn based?

and if the fuels are corn or some other veg base, can you imagine not only the cost of veggies at the store, but what a HUGE land grab will be coming if some corn or veg fuel gets the full nod! massive re zoning's will take place for "fuel progress land".

any piece of land that can can grow a crop of corn will be absolutely outlandish in price. it wouldnt be long untill there isnt anymore bare land for sale to the public no matter what the cost.

and doesnt it make sense that if our abundance of energy the country is running off of sits in wide open fields, you wont need a bomb or airplane to take it out. just a match or some heavy vegacide.

i am ALL FOR NEVER BUYING ANOTHER BARREL OF OIL FROM THE MIDDLE EAST but it is not going to be easy.

and lets face it, the big oil companies have MASSIVE fortunes invested and they just cant shut there doors. this would adversely effect the economy just shutting down the doors of big oil.

they are not spending huge bux right now for recourse development that puts them out of buisness.

but in all fairness, right or wrong, the oil companies and there employees should be given the go ahead on any alternative fuel sourse that is PROVEN to do the job of fossil fuels. that would help not to adversely impact the economy and give them a reason to use there recourses for the cause.

see! told ya i should be president!! :stir:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2007
  16. ram02

ram02 Active Member

We're currently in Montrose Colorado.They sell Bio diesel here.Its 35 cents a gallon higher than regular.Regular diesel is 3.45.Wonder why its higher?

17. rocknbronco

rocknbronco Well-Known Member

We only have one distributor around here for bio fuel and I still have yet to see any E85.

18. Woods

Woods Well-Known Member

Bio & E85 available here, haven't bought any...

19. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer Well-Known Member

Media:
    we have more oil in this country than we know what to do with, yet we wont touch it... we could drop the prices of fuel, and that would drop the prices of everything else in the long run, down to 1.00 a gallon again if the country wanted to.

we throw away more corn in a year than most people can imagine. its the stalks used as well, not just the ear. on top of that, corn is CHEAP to grow when you want it for grain, not for tables.

oil co's need to help themselves out and i understand this... how about helping everybody out and just going with the flow and doing some research as well, then making thier own bio fuel? oh, and soy is a better crop to use... easier to grow as well....:stir:

20. MrTow

MrTow Well-Known Member

Corn fertilzer has been targeted as the main source for nitrogen in rivers which run into the Gulf of Mexico and cause dead zones in which nothing can live.