bluebook on equipment

Discussion in 'The Drivers Seat (Chit-Chat)' started by whiterocket5.9, Apr 8, 2007.

1. whiterocket5.9

whiterocket5.9 Well-Known Member

just wondering if there is a price guide for used machinerey as in skidsteers and escavators.....we are looking at getting a escavator and my dad wants me to check out what certain machines are worth. figured there might be a few equipment operators, mechanics or construction guys out ther that might know where i could look for this info thanks

2. Justice

Justice Well-Known Member

Media:
    Check out Ritchie Brothers web site they may have what things have sold for at past auctions just to give you a ball park. I know that Taylor & Martin the truck auction guys have a book that shows what trucks have sold for to give ball park guesstimates. I would assume that RB would have something like that also. Worth a try anyway.

3. whiterocket5.9

whiterocket5.9 Well-Known Member

thanks justice ill check it out

4. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    Auctions can and can't be a good resource for equipment going rates. I'm a regular at the Ritchie Bros and Tayler &Martin auctions. Usually, equipment is all over the board with auctions. Sometimes something will go way too cheap, and sometimes people will overpay.

The best way I could say would be to try www.tractorhouse.com as that will give you a great way to see going market price and to get an average, and I would try an ag magazine like Fastline, Ironman, and Agsource.

5. Justice

Justice Well-Known Member

Media:
    Good point Ive seen real rats go for top dollar at T&M before. That was just the first thing that poped in to my head totally for got bout tractor house.