Bought a New (used) work truck, pics

Discussion in 'The Drivers Seat (Chit-Chat)' started by Brisk, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Brisk

Brisk Well-Known Member

Media:
    So I finally realized that using the Towrig as a work truck just wasnt working out to well. Too big, too much fuel ($500/mo), too much maint., and started getting too many scratchs:doah:

So I started looking for something cheaper, smaller, and more efficient. After almost giving up hope of finding something decent for under 4k I found this little beauty in the Auto trader:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Its fairly clean for a work truck with the exception of the dent you see in the right rear 1/4 panel. It drives great and is Almost as comfortable to drive as the tow rig. Here are the specs:

1999 Chevy S-10 Reg cab, short bed, work truck: 2wd, 2.2liter "VORTEC" I4:eek: , 5-speed Stick, 68900miles on sunday (69500) now 4 days later:doah: , AM/FM cassette (whats that??), A/C, Rubber flooring, cloth bench seat, ARE topper w/rack.

I put air shocks in the back on tuesday b/c it slapped the bump stops on every bump on monday. I have XM radio sitting here waiting to go in so it should make for a fairly nice economical work truck.

Let me know what ya thinkwaytogo

2. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    Looks good if you aren't in a business that requires you moving around heavy stuff, but you still have your K2500 for that anyway.

Good economical choice.

Will you drive it a lot? Plan on Amsoiling it too?:D

3. Brisk

Brisk Well-Known Member

Media:
    I average 100miles a day.with occasional days of over 200miles. I just changed the oil when I got it with Castrol GTX 5-30. Dont know if I will Amsoil it or not.

It is Definetly not for heavy hauling...I have probably 800lbs or so in it now and I had to put Airshocks on it so that it wouldnt hit the bumpstops all day long. I need to use 4th on the freeway at speeds under 70-75 or I will slow down real fast. Cruises nice at 80+ though. A few of the hills around here require 3rd to get to the top:doah: Oh well I didnt buy it for power...that is what the K2500 is for.waytogo

4. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer Well-Known Member

Media:
    i had a 2003 sonoma just like that but green and no topper...
    love the truck just as much as i hated it. it will easily get the job done for you, just might take a lil longer some times. great trucks in my eyes. you will like it, but always want more power... and belive me... a lot of power can be made outta that motor if you want to.... cams, injectors, computers, headders, intakes, and even aftermarket cranks....

cavalier used the 2.2E as im sure you know... they have a race market... lots of parts are interchancable....

5. Brisk

Brisk Well-Known Member

Media:
    HMMMMM:rolleyes: Power you say??? That is tempting but I think I will just leave it stock for reliability sake...Plus I HATE the way "soupped up" 4 bangers sound. It will definetly not win any races but I know it will get me where I need to go....eventually:doah:

6. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer Well-Known Member

Media:
    nope, no race winnings... but more low end TQ and improved passing... as i know that did suck about my truck when i had 1 ton axles in the back...

did i mention i beat the everlivingpiss outta that truck? it LOVED it... makes me want to go buy another... ohh, and if you put the right muffler in the right place it wont sound bad either....