Brake controller help

Discussion in 'Ford Gas Engine Rigs' started by gunny_98, May 28, 2005.

1. gunny_98

gunny_98 Member

I have been using a Prodigy brake controller on my 2002 F150. I have traded for a 2003 F250 but I am having trouble locating the plug under the dash for the controller. Does anyone know if the plugs are the same or do I need another cable or maybe where the plug is hidden? There is a rectangular female along the bottom of the dash but it is nowhere close the size on the F150, there was also a similar one on the 150 also.
    Thanks

2. FordCummins1

FordCummins1 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Take off your fuse panel cover, and look up a bit and towards the center of the truck. YOu will see a 3"x3" hole. Reach in there and feel towards the front of the truck, you will find the plug taped in there. I dont know why they hide it up in there, but itll be there, assuming the P.O. didnt remove it. All SDs were equipped with this plug, so keep looking, you will find it.

3. gunny_98

gunny_98 Member

Found it, it's a gray male plug cliped to a bracket where you described and it's the only one in there. I'll have to take another look when I get home from work but I'm sure that's it. Thanks again, it would have taken me forever to track it down otherwise.

4. gunny_98

gunny_98 Member

That was the correct plug, works like a champ.