Chains and binders

Discussion in 'Towing Equipment' started by Seventy4Blazer, Feb 18, 2005.

1. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer Well-Known Member

Media:
    is this the right forum? i dunno... maybe....

what brand of binders are you using?
    how much did you pay for them?
    what style are they?
    and would you buy them again or another style/brand?

im looking for 8 10k binders for my blazer. i can get some airforce style binders with the threaded tension adjusters for... a good price lets say. wre they worth it? i will also be using ratched straps, but i HAVE to use chains due to Cal regs.

chains
    what grade, and size are you using?
    thanks
    Grant

2. CK5

CK5 WhooHoo! Administrator Moderator

Media:
    You might check with James (jac6695) I have used his binders/chains before and they worked fine, not sure where he picked them up though.

3. Krylon..

Krylon.. New Member

Find a local semi trailer supply place or almost any truck stop. They will have nice chains and binders. The local supplier will probably be a little cheap than the truck stop... Another idea is to call some local trucking companies.. Sometimes they will sell their extra ones if they buy new ones or sell a truck.

We had some left over ones here(we sold our trucks), but I think they're all gone. :(

4. FordCummins1

FordCummins1 Well-Known Member

Media:
  5. tractorguy

tractorguy Active Member

Got my binders at an old truck yard. The owner had a 55gal. drum of them, out back. He said "they're old, but there's nothin' wrong with 'em" He let me have 3 for 0 dollars, and they do indeed work fine! ;)
    I got my chains from my Kubota dealer -- 20', grade 70, hooks at both ends, $32.00 each. waytogo

6. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer Well-Known Member

Media:
    i just got 12 air force palet chains in 14 foot length brand new for free. i gave 4 to the GF for her suki and kept 8 of them. ill put them on the blazer tomorow and take some pictures. they are 10k rated. i know ill be fine with 4 on the truck, but i wanted 8. ill end up getting about 12 more of them. i might sell some of them.
    Grant