Chevy guy with a Ford, question..

Discussion in 'The Drivers Seat (Chit-Chat)' started by 83_k10, Feb 20, 2006.

1. 83_k10

83_k10 Active Member

I didn't know where to put this, seeing as how this is the only non towrig area I put it here,sorry if it's wrong.

My fiancee insisted on buying a Ford Pinto er,... I mean Mustang II :doah: (with 48,000 Orig miles). The POS caught fire in my garage and burned all the vacuum lines. Fortunatly no major damage happened,and scared the piss outta me,we just had a bigger fire in our house Dec 2. I just bought a 60 Gal 6.5 hp Vertical Air compressor, parts washer, and sandblaster just put it all in and thought I was going to lose in it this fire. Anyway Haynes has no vacuum diagrams on this car,:dunno: and I have looked all over the net. I can't find one anywhere. It is a 78 Mustang II 2.8 V6 A/T with a Holley/Motorcraft carb.Does anybody have this var or a diagram for this car I can use to get this thing out of my garage,and back to where she is driving it again?:confused:

2. dubbyx

dubbyx Well-Known Member

I've got a cruising wagon with that motor/tranny combo... I think the Chilton manual has the diagrams in it, but I can't find the book. might check your library and see if they have one.

all my stuff is booty rigged to pull out all the emissions stuff on it. from what i remember for basica though, you need the main pulloff going to the brake booster, then the two little vacuum lines out back of the carb run to the choke pulloff and the heater/ac controls. I believe one of the smaller lines is tee'd off to the tranny... can't remember how the egr valve works off vacuum or if it's heat controlled.

It's been years since I worked on this thing so I can't remember much of the specifics.

3. J. Delaney

J. Delaney Well-Known Member

Call around to the Ford dealers. One of them may still have an EVTM for the pile.:doah:

4. rocknbronco

rocknbronco Well-Known Member

Hopefuly the Ford dealer will most have moved over to computers and the older info went to the dump.I found this out while working on a 91 F250 that the wiring harness had cought fire on.