delete

Discussion in 'Supporting Vendors' started by 4by4bygod, Dec 18, 2006.

1. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod Well-Known Member

delete

Last edited: Jan 5, 2008
  2. MrTow

MrTow Well-Known Member

Still reading. Tom, tell Jay that there is no such word as "preventative". The correct word is "preventive".

3. 4by4bygod

4. MrTow

MrTow Well-Known Member

PMs all gone wow!!waytogo

5. MrTow

MrTow Well-Known Member

When I bought my truck it had a "death rattle" in it. Sounded like a gas motor's valve clatter. After doing my due diligence homework on the different additives on the market(I even went the cheap route with 2-cycle oil with no results :mad: ), I ordered a gallon of ACESII fuel additive from Tom.

The day it came in, I had about half a tank, and the directions say use 1oz for every 15 gallons. My tank holds 35 so I put 1oz in. :stir: One of the parks I use to walk my dog is about 2 miles away so I put him in the bed and we took off.

I turned the AC down so I could hear the motor. I got about halfway there and suddenly the rattle went away! And that's with just ONE OUNCE in the tank. waytogo The motor felt more powerful too.

They send a small 8oz bottle with the 1gal container. I filled it up and found a 2oz shot glass in the cupboard and put them in a small bucket I have behind my seat for stuff like this. I just put 23 gals of diesel in, so I poured an ounce and a half into the shot glass and put it in the tank. The motor sounds even quieter now.waytogo

I also ordered 12 quarts of their 15W-40 oil and will change over asap. I'm looking for at least 15,000-20,000 miles on this oil. I believe the oil will work as they say it will, based on my experience with the fuel additive.

Thanks Tom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :)

6. 4by4bygod

Thank you Everett!waytogo

7. MrTow

MrTow Well-Known Member

After 3500 miles of Quantum Blue oil and ACES diesel additive, I can say that the motor feels more powerful, runs smoother and soot on the rear panel above the exhaust tip is much reduced. I am also convinced, from the website, that engine wear is markedly reduced as well. I've also noticed that engine temps are reduced, surely a good sign for a dedicated towing truck like mine is.

At $10 a quart for the oil and $300 for the additive it is expensive, but in my view the benefits are worth the cost. Maybe if enough of us buy it the costs will come down, so yall ante up!! waytogo