Did you know........

Discussion in 'The Drivers Seat (Chit-Chat)' started by carguy9135, Jun 10, 2007.

1. carguy9135

carguy9135 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Alright, idk if any of you watch Mythbusters on Discovery Channel, but they proved you can save like 28% fuel following a Semi.....thought that was odd but i would never want to spend a whole trip following the ass end of a Semi all the way to Kansas or something...waytogo see what im sayin

2. duckmanquacker

duckmanquacker Well-Known Member

yeah think about if he stops all of a sudden:doah::doah:

3. LOUDandPROUD

LOUDandPROUD Well-Known Member

You know I drafted behind a big rig one day for about 50-60 miles. Believe what you want to about a pickups onboard mileage computers but mine went up to about 35mpg in a 2002 Cummins going 55. If I drove 55 anywhere else I was running about 23 on the cumputer. I never calculated it long hand but I would think that if your rig isnt pushing a lot of wind then its not working as hard therefore not burning as much fuel...Im sure someone on this site will disagree but thats what I saw.

:cool:

4. carguy9135

carguy9135 Well-Known Member

Media:
    I also forgot to mention, in that same episode, they tested what a blown tire would do if it flied somewhere. They calculated it and every thing and they said a blown tire can go right through a window and tear your head right off of your neck.........so its kinda ironic and everything

5. duckmanquacker

duckmanquacker Well-Known Member

yeah if it is a blown tire from a big truck it weighs roughly 100 lbs and traveling at 65 mph through your windshield aint a pretty site. some of the larger companies use some video footage to help make their drivers more aware.