Diesel Fuel Locator

Discussion in 'General Tow Rig Discussion' started by CK5, Apr 9, 2005.

1. CK5

CK5 WhooHoo! Administrator Moderator

Media:
    Almost half (42%) of all retail stations in the U.S. today offer diesel fuel. The following links allow you to search for stations nationwide that provide diesel fuel from major suppliers.

** The searches are done within a radius of your given zip code and address.

Conoco Phillips 76

BP California

Arco

Chevron

Conoco

Exxon Mobil

Phillips 66

Shell

Texaco

2. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    This could be very helpfull. waytogo

3. BadDog

BadDog TRC Staff Staff Member

Media:
    I saw one of these once that not only would show you where all fuel sources were in the area, but the cost as well. Seems like it may have been gas only, and may have been Phoenix specific, but not sure where I saw it now...

4. 75-K5

75-K5 Well-Known Member

5. BadDog

Media:
    That was it! Thanks!

6. 75-K5

75-K5 Well-Known Member

Yeah that's a cool site, they recently updated it to include diesel fuel.

7. Torquer

Torquer Well-Known Member

Media:
    Truck stop pricing

To add to this good idea - FlyingJ is a nationwide truck stop that at least in our area has by far the least expensive diesel around - www.flyingj.com has links to all the stations in the states served by them. Currently at $2.21 in Troutdale, Oregon. waytogo

8. powerboatr

powerboatr Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
  9. chapman

chapman Active Member

the sad thing is we don't have but one station on ya'lls list and their diesel is usually higher than hell. we got local chains, matter of fact you don't really see any of those till you get closer to east texas. oh and we got exxon but they don't sell diesel. crazy world , think we're down to 2.55 in San Angelo,Tx.

10. not-n-ks

not-n-ks Member

It might be a long drive for you but its 25 cents a gallon in Balad Iraq. I havent been out to buy any lately , I dont have any plans of go'n out and get'n any either:doah:
    I just thought you might find this tid bit of info interesting.

11. mario

mario Active Member

Media:
    I've seen that national % before but i swear i have to be an idiot because i travel all over metro new york, and all of new york in general and i can't see how that # applies to my neck of the woods. half the places they list are closed:mad:

12. nastee1

nastee1 Member

Outside of the taxes, whats the difference with off road diesel and highway. A buddy of mine was out in the woods in Michigan and was close to running out due to no stations around, a farmer gave him 10 gal of off road to help us out to the next town, does that cause any damage?

13. mario

mario Active Member

Media:
    It depends on the quality of the off road diesel, but normally it has no restriction on the amount of sulphur in the fuel . Thats gonna change in a few years though, i think it was 2011 all new off road equiptment will have to 2004 on highway emissions so that means 500ppm diesel will be mandatory max for all off road diesel in 2011. I may be off on the years but thats what told by a komatsu rep and a cat rep when i was checking out equiptment with one of my customers.

14. nastee1

nastee1 Member

So by him running 10 gals will not hurt the motor

15. mario

mario Active Member

Media:
    No its shouldn't have any ill affects.

16. sshewins

sshewins Well-Known Member

fuel

Nastee1

Unless the guy gave you LSD (low sulfer dyed) or ULSD (ultra low sulfer dyed) the only difference is obviously, the dye, which in no way hurts or helps anything and the amount of sulfer - 500 PPM vs. 15 PPM. Currently in the Chicago area, almost all retailers sell either PULS or ULSD (premium ultra low sulfer or ultra low sulfer diesel) very few if any sell LSD (low sulfer diesel)

I haul the stuff for a living

Basically you dont have to worry one bit

17. BadDog

Media:
    Unless you get dipped. Not likely, but very expensive, and it will still stain and cost you a fine after MANY tanks of fuel have been run through...

18. DMax07

DMax07 Member

Mapquest

I just heard mapquest offers diesel fuel locations now, if that helps anyone out.

Last edited: May 24, 2007
  19. nainoapak01

nainoapak01 Well-Known Member

Media:
    diesel fuel

I have been using pilot fuel mostly in my 2007 6.7 and it rt runs great. One day I tried Valero fuel which is close to the house, what a mistake, the milage was 6-8 miles less per gallon, don't know why guess it's the quality of the fuel. Has any one else notice a difference in brands of fuel?:doah: HANK

20. sshewins

sshewins Well-Known Member

The last time I was at one of the terminals to pick up some fuel, there was over 100 different distributors pulling out of that one terminal. They had state oil, valero, texaco, mobil, marathon, shell, citgo, you name it, they had it. In an earlier post I said there was no difference, well, there are some very small subtle differences in the formulation (at least in gas). But the base product all comes out of the same pipe from Houston. Its the addatives that make the difference, so I'd have to assume the same applies to #2 as well.

There is a huge debate in congress/senate about 'hot fuel'. One of the last issues of either LandLine or Overdrive, the author described what caused and effects of hot fuel are/were. Basically fuel is callibrated at 60* for gov testing, some fuel is being pumped out at almost 90*. Now this hot fuel has expanded, giving you less BTU's per gallon, making you have to buy 21 gallons to do the work of 20 (not actual #'s but you get the idea). The only real defense is to know the temp of the fuel you buy. Or at least try to keep track of it. PITB, yes. But its your wallet or bottom line.

Happy motoring, Scott