Diesel Secret Energy

Discussion in 'Alternative Fuels' started by 4054x4, Feb 17, 2006.

1. 4054x4

4054x4 Well-Known Member

Media:
    I just ordered an instruction book on how to find and filter WVO (waste vegegable oil) and run it in the truck. I'll give you all an update when I figure out if it works or not. Wish me luck!

2. Brisk

Brisk Well-Known Member

Media:
    It will work but you will have to buy all of the Equipment to convert it to fuel.waytogo

Take Luck!!!rotfl rotfl

3. MTwallet

MTwallet Member

Hey 4054X4, did this ever work out for you?
    Is it worth the time to try it?
    What are the "other" ingredients you have to buy to use along with their fuel additive?

MT

4. rocknbronco

rocknbronco Well-Known Member

Yes how is this project coming along???

5. nastee1

nastee1 Member

Won't the BIO diesel be about the same as off road diesel? and if so does either hurt your motor?

6. rocknbronco

No its not the same as off road fuel,off road fuel is simply dyied if I recall right-and or maybe a grade lower,running BIO has in no way or form damading to the engine atleast from what I have heard and the little I have read. I know if these little VW's can handle it the larger and more powerful,as well as better built in my opinion,engines from the big three can handle it.

7. powershooter

powershooter Well-Known Member

Media:
    fuel

My 6.0 book said it will take only 10- 15 % bio -diesel. don't know why.:confused:

8. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod Well-Known Member

Higher percentages of biodiesel can cause things like elevated NOx levels, injector coking, and BTU loss among other things.... you'll see alot of places mandate 5 - 10% blends.. not enough to do anything except keep the farm lobby happy.

be careful with the stuff.. the OEMS say using it won't void the warranty, but they also won't warranty any damage caused by biofuels.. same goes for all other fuels, including ULSD.. they don't make it, so they won't pay for its effects.

Tom

9. whiterocket5.9

whiterocket5.9 Well-Known Member

not sure how much this has to do wiht the topic but...the place wher i get fuel at they mix in there own bio product, im sure its not their product but they do the mixing theirselves, i got a tank of fuel and a bout 30 minutes later my truck started running like crap and egt's started going up...make a long story short i had to have one of their trucks come suck my tank out and refill it with good fuel, i guess from what the driver said the guys mixin it didnt do it rite and well our trucks wont run on high percentage of bio product....didnt hurt my truck though and ran fine after the good fuel was in my tank

10. DieselBrian

DieselBrian New Member

my buddy bought the dse product we mixed it as per instructions and ran my one cylinder diesel generator on that and biodiesel and regular diesel. the all ran but the diesel ran the best,the others smoke more. i also ran a b20 mix in my o7 3500 dmax. i clogged 3 fuel filters. never again diesel is still easy and fairly cheap.

11. rocknbronco

I know so folks who got VW and run that crap in it from the worse fuel station in town..lol then they pay more for the fuel and think they arereally helping out the enviroment techies. From what I have seen one needs to really prep the rig to run the fuel with the extra tank and filters I wouldnt mind doing it myself but I dont think I would buy it pre mixxed.

12. MrTow

MrTow Well-Known Member

I think right now Dodge is not recommending more than B5. B20 will ruin certain rubbers and plastics and B10 might also. Biodiesel has poor resistance to oxidation, especially when blended with ULSD. This results in spoilage and formation of acids and varnishes, not good for seals, filters and pumps. Biodiesel can absorb much more water than regular #2 diesel, and we all know how bad water is in fuel. On top of all that, it has lower energy content than #2.

I don't see much advantage in B20 unless those problems can be overcome. I myself would rather run restaurant cooking oil. Lower energy content is the only problem with that oil.

13. brods

brods Well-Known Member

Media:
    4054x4 switched to a Toyota. Maybe because he tried this DSE crap in his Dodge?:stir:

Um....BS meter alert!!!!
    Why would this have to be reformulated for modern engines? Fuel has always been much more expensive in Europe and the diesels over there are more advanced. If this DSE "system" was so good, they would have been using it over there long ago and would still be using it today. Are they?

46 cents per gallon only if your time and labor are worthless! What is the expected MPG difference when running this crap?
    Completely pure??? Oh no, the BS meter is climbing again....

Mixing up some chemical cocktail to run through your $10,000 dollar engine just to save a couple of bucks on fuel.....brilliant!

14. MrTow

MrTow Well-Known Member

I'm going with the 120gal tank and system from;

http://www.goldenfuelsystems.com/index.php

The upside to WVO is you can pump it free from pretty much any restaurant. The downside, at least from a commercial perspective, is lower cetane and energy content than diesel fuel. I've been reading the websites that forum member 4by4bygod has listed in his sig line and I believe their fuel catalyst is the answer to the energy problem.

15. DMax07

DMax07 Member

Dse

I have ordered this same product and I am also thinking about trying this on a generator motor. Then after 3000 hours take the engine apart and see how the internals held up. I have read other views on here and will try to remedy these problems. Also I have found out it is much easier to find a plant that uses vegetable oil to cook just vegetables such as potato chips,bananas,your local donut shop maybe. This plant I have found filters the oil first because the drain is at the bottom and would be clogged if they didn't. Also they have more than enough to supply me which beats running around to 5 different restaurants and they are more than happy to give me this stuff free. I'm looking forward to hearing your results.

16. MrTow

MrTow Well-Known Member

Hey that's great man. I used to live in Dania/Hollywood back in the late 90s before half the dam country moved in. :rolleyes: I loved to go to Aventura and get my 'allover at Haulover'. :D

17. deast

deast Member

DSE is not Bio

Hello to all,

The DSE guide doesn't show you how to make Bio. It is a blended fuel and it works fine. I have used it for 3 years now on two different trucks and no problems. It burns clean and is much easier than making bio. The key as with any WVO is to make sure and filter the oil good.

I ran it 100% in my 96 during the warmer months and 70% in my 04.5, During the colder months I just run it 50/50 with #2 diesel and have never had a filter clog up with those ratios. The basic set up they tell you how to build in the manual will let you make the fuel but you will need to put some thought into improving the filtering. One thing you can do that won't cost much is get a 5 micron bag filter and run the fuel through that filter for several hours That will get it cleaner than the fuel that you get from the pump. The other issue is water in the fuel. That can be handled by heating the oil. Again, I doubt if you can over filter but the savings is well worth the effort.

Just my 2cents, hope this helps :)
    Dale

18. MrTow

MrTow Well-Known Member

Where can I find that guide?

19. deast

deast Member

Hello Mr Tow,

Here is the link to the DSE website...
    http://www.dieselsecret.com/

The manual is very basic and gives instructions for a very basic setup. Remember, the basic system will not filter the oil/fuel sufficiently enough, in my opnion to run in the third generation trucks, or any truck for that matter. Do to the emissions tuning the 04.5's and newer will not like the fuel at 100%. However, even at 50% there is a significant savings.

Forgive me for only addressing the Dodge CTD as that is what I drive and know little about the Fords and GM's. I do know that the blend will work in any diesel engine.

There are also threads dedicated to this blend in other forums that are very informative and well worth the read if you are considering using this or any altenative fuel.

I hope this helps and best of luck.
    Dale

20. jeffnvegas

jeffnvegas Well-Known Member

is it worth it?

work at a fairly large gov't complex where they run large fleets of diesel trucks and equipment on bio (mandated by doe) and the mechanics who maintain these things tell me that they are a maintenance nightmare. seals, hoses, and engine wear parts don't like it. it's very corrosive and they are always in the shop. i don't think i'm willing to use my 3500 as a guinea pig with this stuff until more info and test data are available. the idea of .70 cents a gallon is tempting, but like they say if it sounds to good to be true it probably is.