DIY locking hubs?

Discussion in 'Dodge 2nd Gen Cummins 5.9 (12v)' started by u2slow, Jan 17, 2007.

1. u2slow

u2slow Member

Anyone tried GM Dana 60 spindles, hubs, & rotor on their Dodge D60 disconnect axle? I would assume drilling a few holes is necessary...

2. rocknbronco

rocknbronco Well-Known Member

dont know anyone who has but you might want to ask the folks at
    www.pirate4x4.com

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 Well-Known Member

if you have unitized hub bearings then dynatrac is it for there expensive kit. if you have spindles yet then you should have hubs.

and when thay went unitized thay went ball jounted. not king pin style any more. not as good a axle at all any more.

give me a king pin style any day. burnout

watch out at pirate thay have attitudes from hell. i dont even go near there at all.:poke:

4. DWitcher

DWitcher Well-Known Member

Pirate 4x4 is not that bad anymore. Just make sure you post in the right section.

5. u2slow

u2slow Member

I do my rounds on Pirate... I don't mind the 'atmosphere' there :D

My thinking was there are more 94+ Dodge owners on a towing-specific forum waytogo

I'm not shelling out for a custom kit. I want to convert with standard parts. I've seen pics of one done with D50TTB hubs/spindles. GM style outers seem to be the least-expensive/most-common for aftermarket, and would allow for good parts recycling if the stock housing didn't hold up. Seems a waste to throw away a Dana 60 front even if it is balljoint.

I'll see if I can get a spare knuckle to play with.

Sometimes I get to thinking DIY'ers are kept in the dark to avoid stepping on vendor's toes. :popcorn: