DOT Legal Sleepers

Discussion in 'Hotshot Hauler' started by 1stChoiceSleepers, Feb 6, 2013.

1. 1stChoiceSleepers

1stChoiceSleepers New Member

After seeing all the negativity about Crew Cab Sleepers I have decided to gauge interest for a complete bolt on 100% DOT compliant unit. My father drove hotshot for 6-8 months and was tired of the hotel bills piling up so we created a sleeper birth for his truck. It has been on his truck now for 5 years with no failures or fines. The unit consist of swapping one door. The replacement door still has a window and opens and closes as factory. Production will begin on these units this year and will carry a price tag of $1500-2500. They will have option like color match, decals, bed frames, storage, etc.

2. Swim spa hauler

Swim spa hauler New Member

Sleeper idea

That sounds like a good idea. For me, I pulled all of the seats out of my 3500 HD, installed a bed running from the passenger front, to the rear of the truck, keeping both passenger side doors available for escape, plus the drivers side rear. I've used it for 2 seasons now, and have shown the sleeper arrangement to several DOT officers, and nobody can find a reason why it's not legal. Since I always run solo, no need for restraints. I hope your sleeper is successful. I appreciate a good idea.

James C