Enclosed Trailers

Discussion in 'Towing Equipment' started by strai8up, Aug 23, 2006.

1. strai8up

strai8up Well-Known Member

I am in the market for an enclosed trailer. I'm not sure about the quality of all the trailers available. I do know that I want to buy a new trailer, possibly Haulmark or Horton. I read in the forum about paint peeling on some brand of trailer. Any inside info would be greatly appreciated. sorry just realised wrong thread..

2. Old-Trucker

Old-Trucker Well-Known Member

While wasting time at a car dealership I started looking at the new Haulmark trailers that they had for sale. What junk they were and I started showing my old lady all the flaws that abounded. I wouldn't buy one at half price.

OT

3. Brisk

Brisk Well-Known Member

Media:
  4. powerboatr

powerboatr Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    i have apace 7 x 14 cargo with 5k capacity, pulls good tracks well, but the plastic roof to sidewall merger cap has fractured twice from frost and cold weather operations in north bama,
    but othere than that its been a good hard used trailer, it never gets to run around empty,
    has drop down rear ramp.
    paid cash in 05 for it 1700 something new
    i got my moneys worth

5. bowtiepower00

bowtiepower00 Active Member

Friend of mine has a 24' CM enclosed trailer. I haven't seen many that are better built. Much better than the Haulmark or similar. He got it for a good price too.

6. strictlyv8

strictlyv8 Well-Known Member

Featherlite trailers are great but they are also a little pricey. They tow very well. When empty you tend to forget it's there due to the all aluminum consruction. I have a 1988 version of a four horse gooseneck and it's still going strong.

7. rocknbronco

rocknbronco Well-Known Member

I have seen a few featherlites at the track and the owners seem to love em

8. bowtiepower00

bowtiepower00 Active Member

The Featherlites are more than a little pricey. They are very well built trailers though.

9. Z06-LITE

Z06-LITE Member

I have a 24 foot Pace Shadow enclosed car trailer. I bought it new in '99 and have had absolutely no problems with it. I bought it rather plain inside with just the vinyl ceiling, two vents and two ceiling lights. I sealed and painted the walls and floors, then finished the front 10 feet in black and white 12 inch vinyl tile. The rest of the floor is finished in grey garage floor paint. In the front area, I installed a bed mounted on a finished wood frame with drawers below the bed. The street rod I haul is only a little over ten feet long, so I have room to sleep in the front of the trailer when on road trips to car shows. There are better made trailers than Pace, but I feel it is a good value for the money.

10. DieselBrian

DieselBrian New Member

i have a 26 foot enclosed car mate 10,000 lbs and i love it tows great empty and full got it used 1 year old from a landscaper.

11. PC HOTROD

PC HOTROD Member

We currently pull a 7'x18’ Continental Cargo Trailer (actual length is 22' due to the V-Nose option).

The trailer has twin 500W exterior Halogen Lamps, Roof mounted AC/Heat Unit, Fluorescent interior lighting & 12 lighting, one-piece checkered floor, removable wheel chocks & tie-down rings. We use it to house & haul our Motocross Gear and as a "rough-it" Camper while on overnight MX Trips. The build quality is good and it tows really well.

This is actually our second Continental Cargo Trailer, the first was a 6'x10' with the extra walk-in height and it also was a great unit for 3 years with no problems. waytogo

Here are a few pictures of the current truck & trailer.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2007
  12. strai8up

strai8up Well-Known Member

nice trailer:pimp: I am looking for somthing just like that cept no so nice. I have found someone on the inside at horton that might be able to get me a huge break on a new one direct.. thanks for the responce

13. PC HOTROD

PC HOTROD Member

Horton makes really nice trailers! I think you'll be pleased with the Horton Haulers.

14. GT4point6

GT4point6 Member

I've got a 24' Haumark and love it. It is a trailer to haul my race car so I don't need perfection. It's going to get dirty, oily and scrapped up. That is what it's for. If you want a "show" trailer and don't plan on using it, then by all means spend twice and don't use it. Pace and a couple of others are considerably more expensive, and do look a little better but function 100% the same. Your choice, your money.

15. duckmanquacker

duckmanquacker Well-Known Member

you must have gotten one of the better haulmarks that brand usually doesnt last more than a couple o years b4 fallin apart:stir:

16. rocknbronco

rocknbronco Well-Known Member

17. duckmanquacker

duckmanquacker Well-Known Member

:popcorn::popcorn: