Everyone Please Read! A Defining Moment

Discussion in 'Brand Wars' started by budkole, Mar 20, 2006.

1. budkole

budkole Well-Known Member

Media:
    Heres the deal. we all have heard or read someone post that one engine outpulls the other or is better than the other. Well my queston is, How are/can we define outpulling? How can we really say one motor is better than the other. (speaking of stock trucks)

....after much thought about it, I honestly cant say one is better than the other. I honestly cant say one can outpull the other! I just being honest. btw, racing doesnt prove anythin either. soooo.........How do we define better/outpulling etc..

example: because one can make it to the top of a hill faster, does that make it better?:doah: :confused: or, because one can get the load moving quicker than the other, does that make it better?:doah: :confused: or, because one is an inline 6 and the other is a v8, does that make one better?:doah: :confused: or, is it because you own one brand and the other person owns another brand, your brand is better until you trade for another brand?rotfl

What we really should be arguing about is the outragious prices they charge for these cheaply built pieces of thin sheetmetal. Or why the warrenties are sooo short! Or what my truck has cheap leather!

but, it sure is fun trying to prove one truck is better than the other.waytogo at least when we keep it respectful.

BTW, My truck is the best cause I own it:D

Last edited: Mar 20, 2006
  2. DMAXRIG

DMAXRIG Well-Known Member

What I think to define "Pulling Better", would be the truck that can move the load from one destination to the next with least hesitation, getting the best mileage, loosing least amount of power on a grade, and not over heating problems. I think all three do pretty well. My only question about the trucks is why dose every one have a crappy warrenty? And it seems that once something breaks and you have to take your truck in, its almost never covered by the warrenty. WTF?

Actaully, my truck is better than everyone elses. No contest!!!!!!

3. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    Things I dislike about my truck...

-Crappy track bar, should not wear so fast.

-lack of a crew cab, I think the 2nd gens would have looked great with a crew cab

- Front bumpers are very sensitive, bump them into anything and they tweak easily, but I guess thats new vehicles in general now.

A fuel system that should be a little more reliable and not so fussy

- stock transmission should be able to handle a little bit more abuse.

Things I love about my truck....

- Inline 6 torque curve

- So much room under the hood I could rent the extra space out....

-A turbo you can actually SEE, unlike the V8's.

- A Cummins with a 5" exhaust will make a Duramax or any PSD sound like a go cart next to it regardless of their exhaust setups.

- The 2nd gen Sports are the best looking trucks on the market (my opinion obviously)

-Best interior with quality leather that can take day in and day out use for 100+K, unlike the super thin leather that GM and Ford uses that rips up too quick.

- Best suspension and drivetrain in the business, D60, D70 or 80, Big HD coils up front with 4 link bars, and big heavy leafs out back.

-by far has the most aftermarket support period.

-best looking factory forged aluminum rims.

-best in class mirrors, the Dodge flip out towing mirrors are by far the best design out of all the truck manufactures, a runner up would be the Ford mirrors, with the copy cat new GM style too.

There are many more dislikes and likes that I can't think of right now, but might edit them in later as I think of more.:)

4. budkole

Media:
    um..(clearing my throat) The 7.3 turbos are very visable and extremely easy to remove:D

5. RJF's Red Cummins

Media:
    Albums:
    Define extremely easy, or compared to what? I've seen under the hood of my grandpa's '95 many times, and there is no way it is as easy to get his turbo out compared to our Dodges. I have only seen under the hood of a Super Duty chassis a couple of times and can't exactly remember all the details, but IIRC it's still in the same spot as the 95-98 body style and still not near as easy to get off as the Dodges.

6. NavyTech

NavyTech Well-Known Member

It took just over an hour to get my Turbo out a few weeks ago with 2 Sailors and a fair amount of Miller Lites involved. That being said I think it would be easier in a Dodge.

7. joez

joez Well-Known Member

Media:
    You can't see my turbo?:confused:

[​IMG]

8. budkole

Media:
    EASY: Capable of being accomplished or acquired with ease; posing no difficulty : Requiring or exhibiting little effort or endeavor; undemanding : Free from worry, anxiety, trouble, or pain : ie, removal of the 7.3 powerstroke turbo

Whats the matter Bobby, cant stand the fact that the 7.3 is just as easy to work on as the cummins! hmmm...must be why you "think" the cummins is better than the 7.3 PSDrotfl

9. DMAXRIG

Im not sure how being able to see the turbo or stating how one truck has better leather seats than the other defines which truck pulls better. I actually dont like the torque curve on the cummins. Getting the load moving, you cant beat the cummins. But, at higher speeds, the Cummins dosent perform as well in my opinion.

10. Strokincowboy

Strokincowboy Well-Known Member

anymore the best pickups are the ones that are reliable. Also you can have all of the power in the world to pull the heaviest loads u can think of but that aint no good if yu cant stop it safely.

11. RJF's Red Cummins

Media:
    Albums:
    Your GM actually isn't that bad, it's the Dmax and expecially the PSD. The PSD turbo sits right on top way in the back where a chevy distributer would be.

12. RJF's Red Cummins

Media:
    Albums:
    Post a picture of your 7.3, and we will see what turbo looks easier to get to compared in pictures....here's mine.
    [​IMG]

13. joez

joez Well-Known Member

Media:
    I know, i was just getting my daily jab in. :D

14. budkole

Media:
    This one aint mine, but im sure you got the point. they are both 7.3's

Attached Files:

15. RJF's Red Cummins

Media:
    Albums:
    I just enjoy pointing out the obvious.:D

16. RJF's Red Cummins

Media:
    Albums:
    [​IMG]

Gee, and to think I ventured to say the Cummins turbo was easier to get to and remove....rotfl waytogo

17. DMAXRIG

I fail to see how the turbo visability is even worth argiung. It dosent really matter anyway, the Duramax by my definition tows better than the Cummins. Being able to see the turbo dosent matter one way or another. :stir:

18. budkole

Media:
    Soooo truewaytogo

19. Beeram305

Beeram305 Well-Known Member

Is that why the Cummins is up 98 to 33 to 13 in the thread right under this one? Hmm...:dunno:
    It's all subjective anyway.

20. RJF's Red Cummins

Media:
    Albums:
    The problem is I have no web camera or anything to show the process, otherwise I'd be interested. the difference is I could do it with my feet still touching the shop floor. Not dangling upside down trying to reach under the cowling.:D I find this funny, since I work on equipment for a living.....

I don't understand your " I need to stoop down to your level..." stuff, and why you get so irritated easily over something silly. It's internet chatter my friend. ;) I did nothing but point out that it is a FACT that there is much more room around the turbo in the Dodges. Not because it's a Dodge, or because Cummins built it, but because it's an inline 6 and is essentially a smaller engine leaving more room, not to mention that this places the turbo right next to the fender well, giving it extremely good accessability vs. the Ford and Dmax that is stuffed in the back under the cowl due to them being V8's that require more room, not because it's a Ford or GM. I'm not in any way saying "the V8's suck because they are bigger." I'm just stating in a monotone that, that is a characteristic of the V8 which also requires the turbo to be in a different, less accessable location.

I'm not saying you can't remove your turbo out fast, you probably have it all figured out, "my left knee can sit on the radiator and I can rest my right leg on the A/C bracket, piece of cake, I'll have it out in 7 minutes.":D