Fuel Plates

Discussion in 'Dodge 2nd Gen Cummins 5.9 (12v)' started by TheGeneral, Jul 28, 2006.

1. TheGeneral

TheGeneral Active Member

Has anybody here had a lot of experience with a bunch of different fuel plates? My truck came with a number 6 so I dont even no what kind of difference it made over stock. Im thinking about swtiching but I never really understood how the number system works. Ive heard that the lower the number the more aggressive the plate is but Ive also heard that the 100 plate outfuels the #10 plate? Im looking to get a little milder plate for now untill I can get a new turbo setup and thought maybe Id get a couple stockers and grind them into several diffrent shapes and see what works best. Any body want to trade a #6 for a stocker??

2. nevrenufhp

nevrenufhp Well-Known Member

Instead of swapping plates, you can slide yours back a little until you get other mods.

3. DMAXRIG

DMAXRIG Well-Known Member

4. champspa

champspa Member

never had a 6plate. I'll swap e-mail me

5. rharveysr

rharveysr Well-Known Member

Media:
    #10 plate! I have installed a number of these plates in customers trucks...actually that is all that I install. For stock automatic and stock clutches...I install the plate 65k toward the firewall from its stock location. At this spot you will still get the power but you wont over power the drive train.

Rick