FYI BoycottFord.com

Discussion in 'The Drivers Seat (Chit-Chat)' started by mini_mull, Apr 3, 2006.

1. mini_mull

mini_mull Active Member

Don't want to start a big debate on moral issues, since this is mostly a tech site. However, if I was driving a Ford, or thinking about buying one I'd want this info before I made my decision. Heck maybe it will make someone who's on the other side of the issue want to buy one. :doah:

BTW, don't think I'm just a troll since I don't have a ton of posts, I've been around almost since the beginning, I just don't post much on here, mostly on CK5.

So, all you Ford guys, I invite you to leave the dark side and join forces with us Chevy guys (or heaven forbid, Dodge). Or maybe we could have a special sticker printed for the Ford guys with a little rainbow behind it. rotfl rotfl rotfl Sorry, if this last paragraph is too offensive, please edit.

2. FordCummins1

FordCummins1 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Taken from www.boycottford.com : Two girls making out on TV? I say thank you Ford. Either way, I'll stick with my Ford.

"On a recent episode of CBS’s Without A Trace, Ford proved to the homosexual community the company’s commitment to their agenda. The Ford-sponsored program included a scene of two lesbians passionately kissing each other."

Two girls making out on TV? I say thank you Ford. Either way, I'll stick with my Ford.

3. mini_mull

mini_mull Active Member

OK, but no complaining next time when it's two guys instead. ;)

4. budkole

budkole Well-Known Member

Media:
    wtf!

5. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    Exactly.:rolleyes: You can't have it both ways. Although I don't plan on boycotting Ford, that is stupid, I definantly don't support anything that does support gay marriage or gay rights.

6. gravdigr

gravdigr Well-Known Member

Tyrone, PA ...The asscrack of the northeast
    Exactly, and we need to kick out all the ni**ers and Jews too.

/sarcasm off

7. mini_mull

mini_mull Active Member

Hey, I said I didn't want to start a debate, "discussion", or argument, just let people know what their money is going to support. I know I like to know what companies are doing with my hard earned dollar after I choose to spend it on their product. That's the great thing about a fair market system, if some corporation is using profits to promote something you don't agree with there are plenty of their competitors that you can buy things from instead. That's how we control corporate america. It's like voting everytime you spend a buck. Let's keep things appropriate and not start mud slinging.

8. gravdigr

I'm not the one that brought personal views into this thread, but of course I am the one singled out because I was more blunt in my statement (the more unpopular statement).

I had more written here but decided not to waste my time.

9. mini_mull

mini_mull Active Member

Hey, I didn't mean to single you out, but I did quote you because your comments were more offensive because of your rude sarcasm and language not because they may or may not be the popular opinion. If you want to start a debate with positions backed by facts and not emotion I'll gladly join you in the off topic forum. Let me know. Otherwise, thanks for the bump to the top of the page.

Edit: didn't realize we already got moved to off topic. I guess some people just can't handle being civil grown-ups about things and have to start making assumptions and mud slinging. It's a shame, I assumed information about of the big three was general discussion material and we could be adults about it. I understand though and don't blame the mods since some here obviously couldn't handle the subject in a mature manner while respecting everyone's opinion.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2006
  10. joez

joez Well-Known Member

Media:
    I know i won't, unlike people who seem compelled to watch what they don't want to, i have the ability to pick up the remote and change the channel.

11. RJF's Red Cummins

Media:
    Albums:
    I have no problem with african Americans and Jewish folks at all. Most are good folks. It doesn't say anywhere in the bible that you shouldn't be black or shouldn't neccessarely be Jewish. waytogo

12. mini_mull

mini_mull Active Member

Well said, I agree, and furthermore,
    I don't think being Jewish or African American is harmful to your health, detrimental to society, or destructive of the family unit which is the pillar of society and provides the best chance for children to become productive members of society. All in all, race is not in the same catergory as whether you choose to have sexual relationships with people of your same gender and then attempt to push an agenda to force the public to promote the behavior as beneficial to society. In fact, many supporters of the Civil Rights movement are greatly offended when activists try to compare the two movements.

13. RJF's Red Cummins

Media:
    Albums:
    waytogo waytogo

14. gravdigr

And that is my opinion.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2006
  15. gravdigr

Which bible (read- holy book) are you reading, king james, koran, book of mormon, tipitaka, upanishads, tao te ching, avesta, kojiki and nihongi.....

Because the last time I checked this country was based on religious freedom. If you took everything those books said was wrong and made laws against it, there wouldn't be much left. So your bible says you can't be homosexual, fine. But it says nothing about other folks. You don't want to let homosexuals into your church, fine, that is your choice. Just leave other folks alone and they will leave you alone. All these people want is the freedom and rights granted to every other couple in this country.....

And a couple guys in an ally beating the hell out of a gay man is not much different from a couple white people beating the hell out of a black man, reagrdless what the civil rights folks say. All you are doing is preaching intolerance and hate against a group of peaceful folks and using the bible as a defense.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2006
  16. RJF's Red Cummins

Media:
    Albums:
    Cry me a river....:rolleyes:

17. mini_mull

mini_mull Active Member

gravdigr
    First off, I'll ask you to please correct your quote marks. Second, I am very offended by your personal attacks and assumptions. I have known a number of homosexuals, some personal friends. I don't hate them, I don't bash them, alienate them, or persecute them. In fact the homosexual individuals I have known personally, I consider a priveledge to have known. I would like to give you a chance to apologize and refrain from name calling bigotrous assumptions, and invite you to continue this debate without trying to intimidate or persecute myself or others.

18. mini_mull

mini_mull Active Member

gravdigr, I know you were addressing RJF, but as long as he doesn't mind I'd like to comment on your remarks. First, my religious beliefs are irrelevant to my opinion against homosexual marraige. My opinions are based on facts, not beliefs. I agree, religious freedom is important and laws should not be based on religious beliefs alone.

Next, I assume you are alluding to the issue of gay marraige. Homosexuals already have the rights given to every other individual in this country. Just because two people love each other does not mean that they should be granted a marraige license by the government. No one can marry a close relative, a person who is already married, someone of the same sex, or a child. Gorvernments grant institutional benefits and privileges to heterosexual unions because they have the biological ability to to provide society with a tangible benefit, children. Two people having sterile sex has no measurable benefit to society.

Finally, you say leave them alone and let them marry and they will leave you alone, we can even keep them out of churches if we wish. This however is a false assumption. Homosexual marriage is now legal in Canada, thus it is illegal to be prejudice against homosexual relationships. As a result, it is now illegal to preach against homosexualism. Currently there is a preacher in jail for doing just that. Once homosexual marriage is legal all will be required to embrace it as a healthy normal behavior. Equal time will be given to homosexual relationships in schools and in every other public and private venue.

BTW, gravdigr, thanks for sharing your opinions. I'm sure many others have opinions, but aren't taking the time to share them. I appreciate you taking time to share your passion for this subject we the rest of us.

19. gravdigr

I am pruning this quote to what is relevant

I may have started a bit harsh on this subject. Usually I am dealing with a bunch of close minded rednecks (this town is full of them) and can't use words over 5 letters long. For that I apologize, it won't happen again.

EDIT: forgot to ask, what facts are your beliefs based on? I'm kind of curious. And before you start posting statistics keep in mind 89.4274% of all statistics are made up.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2006
  20. gravdigr

UM, all I have to say is OMG. So you don't hate, alienate, bash or persecute your gay friends, you just think they are, and I correctly quote "harmful to your health , detrimental to society, or destructive of the family unit which is the pillar of society and provides the best chance for children to become productive members of society".
    so basically they are decent people, just not good enough to be recognized by the federal government? You are full of paradoxes my friend.

Also, I never called you anything, I said, and I correctly quote again, "people like you". Maybe I did indirectly call you an intolerant bigot, but that is the impression I got from your post. If that is not the impression you wanted to show then I apologize from interpreting it that way.

If my post highly offended you then you have some thin skin. You wouldn't believe some of the stuff I have seen my homosexual relatives and friends put up with. Graffitti on their house, keyed cars, busted windows, calls to their work trying to get them fired, etc... and no help from the police (Sounds a lot like mississippi in the 60s no?). Yet they keep their heads high and have no animosity towards their offender. It's amazing really. I would have gone postal long ago.

I do not wish to cause anger, I want people to think. If they think about what they say, they will get that little word popping up in their head, hypocrite.