Getting a 240SX

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by rocknbronco, Nov 5, 2006.

1. rocknbronco

rocknbronco Well-Known Member

Have you ever had a car or truck you wish you never sold and not only you but your wife and maybe even you dog as well.I sold my 240SX to fuel my Bronco parts pile,bad mistake bronco didnt run and still doenst,and I have missed it ever since I sold the car worked great never gave my a problem until I bled the clutch for class credit and it took way longer than expected to get the air back out.Well I had a customer come in the other day looking to turbo his KA engine,a mistake in my mind,and that go me to thinking about how much fun I had drifting and racing the old tuner well to make a long story short my buddy bought one in Miss planning on droping a SR20DET in it well it needs a cam in the KA so after three people not wanting to return his calls after posting it for sell I decided to take a chance I want something cheap and economic to drive around yet I can use to advertise fo my buisness so I'm headed to Miss next Friday to pick it up I honesly miss driving a straight shift :doah:and tuners seem to be my biggest customer base right now as far as performance with a couple of tow rigs as well.So right now I will get it running well enought to daily drive and start going JDM on it with a Sil Eighty conversion tail light and glass in the rear quarters'for those who dont know a 240 over he in a 180 in Japan,and a SR20DET cant decide on Red or Black Top with the money I am saving not fueling both of the V8s of course to be honest I car pool with my wife in her truck since I close my shop right before she gets off and open it right after she goes to work and we get to spend on hour more a day with each other since its hard to get time during the week.So next week I will give my SD a real test and see how happy I am with a 5.4 and a Torqshift plus I'm planing on building my Rustang over 10 or so years to get every single detail to where I want it to be and need a sports car to drive in the mean time.

2. strictlyv8

strictlyv8 Well-Known Member

240 are alot of fun to mess around in. It's a nice little tuner car. Have fun drifting. You Should check out the vids on streetfire.net they have vids of mustands and vipers drfitng at the SEMA show.

3. rocknbronco

rocknbronco Well-Known Member

How well it pulled

Ok a bit late on the reply but I was very happy how my 5.4 and TorqShift worked with just the trailer I got 17 mpg and kept Tow/Haul off and loaded I got 12 mpg with Tow/Haul on the 240 and a Nissan 280Z Turbo motor in the bed,friend asked to haul it back for him.I kept my speeds around 70 plus or minus five miles and hour depending on traffic and fog,man I really need fog lights.Over all I am very proud of my not going diesel and while I wish did have all the power for what I am pulling its working just fine,of course more power is always nice.I will say this do not speed in Alabama the police dont play games there and my radar detctor has never been so active as it was in Mobile and Montgomery and while I dont know what they do to you in Virginia dont get pulled over with a radar detector plugged in or visable.I hopefuly will post pics of the truck trailer and car later took it easy this weekend after all my driving and spent some time with the wife.