Going for stacks

Discussion in 'Ford Powerstroke 6.0' started by H-Power, Jul 3, 2007.

1. H-Power

H-Power Well-Known Member

i'm looking to change over to stacks

2. Diesel Nut

Diesel Nut Well-Known Member

Media:
    Do it! Stacks are awesome! Only way to go!

Love mine.

3. musicmasterstravis

musicmasterstravis Well-Known Member

i just want 1 6" stack-no two...

4. H-Power

H-Power Well-Known Member

you don't want a 7" stack

i like dual stacks with 6" bull haulers

5. Diesel Nut

Media:
    Bull haulers would be clean. I am getting ready to install Bull haulers on my 06 soon. . . . . . .

6. musicmasterstravis

musicmasterstravis Well-Known Member

why not a 7" stack? also what the hell is "Zoodad mod"

7. SubYuman

SubYuman Member

Zoodad

Removing some of the material in front of the air filter to aid in the flow of air directly in front of the filter housing. I just took a dremel and removed most of the fascia in front of the housing. THere is a almost nothing in foront of the filter.... I live in the desert, so no need for a screen in front of the filter.

8. Diesel Nut

Media:
    7" stacks have 2 draw backs - They are EXPENSIVE and, on some trucks, they just don't quite look right. They may help your ego, but on the truck, depending, they can look out of proportion. 6" is a good, middle ground that looks great on most any truck.

9. icebox

icebox Member

I just ordered a set of 6 inch mider cut Grand Rock stacks. Personally I wanted a single but my 2 year old son insisted on duels. He is a gear head, he knows his diesels and hot rods. Anyway I dont think you can go wrong with stacks.

10. Shiner

Shiner Active Member

Stacks

I'm thinking 6" miters on my 06 f350, but I need answers first. 1:How loud are they in the cab?(I drive long distances pulling my 5er.) 2:Does anyone offer them in Stainless? 3:How does heavy rain effect open top stacks? TowRig.com rocks. Thanks for all the help.

11. Diesel Nut

Media:
    Ok -

Rain is a nonissue unless you see MASSIVE amounts of rain. I have yet to have more than just a little soot come out of the stack that gets knocked loose by the rain.

On the noise, well, touchy there. First, you will want a muffler. Second, stack size and style can affect sound. I have heard on some trucks 6" miters are quieter than 5" and 7", but that can depend on the cab size, tubing length, and engine and turbo set up. Bottom line, they CAN make some beautiful noise, but can also be annoying. Its all in the ear of the owner.

Stainless, yes, but for the money I'll stick with Grand Rock's triple plated chrome personally. The Stainless stacks from MBRP and Silverline are a little limited in style and sizes too.

12. reddragon4x4

reddragon4x4 Well-Known Member

I got a buddy with stacks on his 95 or so F350 dually with the 7.3L and he is always messing around with different sized pipes and down pipes and stuff trying to get a better sound. He's been "tuning" his exhaust note for about a year now and it sounds a lot better now than it did when he had full sized Peterbuilt stacks on his truck.

13. BlacksmokeRam02

BlacksmokeRam02 Member

Stacks are over rated, if you like a useless bed go for it. I ran them about 6 years ago when they were few and far between but now it's too common and unpractical. Take them stacks & turn 'em into side pipes, now thats cool waytogo

14. reddragon4x4

I agree fully with the useless bed comment. I use my bed too much to run stacks. Now if I had a long bed.....:rolleyes:

I've always been a big fan of the single stack with the flapper on it, but always too chicken to do it to my own trucks.

15. strictlyv8

strictlyv8 Well-Known Member

I have an 8ft bed and need all the space in it. These trucks are too expensive to have as just toys. I use mine for work and need all the cargo space I can get.

16. BlacksmokeRam02

BlacksmokeRam02 Member

I had dual's with flapper's just to be different & i liked them, I made a guard to keep from burning stuff & denting them but then my ATV hung out on the tail gate & I didn't really like that. Plus i melted a tackle box, which really sucked... I still say go with the side pipes.

17. reddragon4x4

There's a dodge with side pipes here in town that looks pretty good. Those would be cool until the little lady burnt herself getting in/out or thought they were step bars and melted a pair of expensive shoes:doah: rotfl