Head and Tail Lights installed

Discussion in 'Dodge 2nd Gen Cummins 5.9 (24v)' started by idontcare909, Aug 25, 2007.

1. idontcare909

idontcare909 Active Member

Media:
    i just got my smoked lights and installed them, tell me what you think, i have the smoked clearance lights but didnt get them in yet. I'll put pics of them up as soon as i get them on. hopefully ill have time to wash the truck too, hahah

Attached Files:

2. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    Those are the projector style beams? Let us know how bright you think they are compared to your old headlights.

I see you have some pretty good oxidation on your stock lenses, I had the same problem. I took the buffer to them twice and cleaned off the oxidation but it comes back in 6 months or so.

I had a hard time finding projector beams like that for our Sport versions. I just went with aftermarket replacement lenses. Where did you come up with those headlamps from?

Here's a pic that I took when I swapped mine out for new ones, really shows how oxidized mine were. This seems to be a very common problem with Sport models, I hope Dodge took note of this somehow and are making better quality lenses on the newer models.
    [​IMG]

3. idontcare909

Media:
    The lights i got off of ebay they were about 110 plus 50 for shipping. i still gotta finish the installation, the ring around the projector and the leds on the lights arnt hooked up, i didnt know where or how i wanted to hook them up. my lights were soo badly oxidized it almost impossiable to see at night, i buffed the crap out of the lenses with a power ball and wax, lasted about a week.

the dealer on ebay was motorblvd i do belive.

i didnt drive yet a night with them but i think ill be happy, ill get back to you on it.

i would say my oxidaion was 2 or 3 times worse than yours, i find it funny the corner marker lights dont oxidize

hope they fix it

4. idontcare909

Media:
    Almost done

Ok so i got the clearance lights now installed. looks great, had to soider all the connections, but it was worth it :) one pic the lights are on and the other the lights are off

Attached Files:

5. Sparky

Sparky Well-Known Member

That looks good, I found that Mcquires plastic polish worked the best for us at work it cleaned up the oxidization and has not come back in almost a year.waytogo

6. dylan9862003

dylan9862003 Active Member

You never replied as to how bright the lights are that you put on? I just installed the same exact lights on my truck yesterday and drove around last very dissapointed and upset because they look good but they dont put out hardly any light. I'm wondering if you have the same feeling or if I did something wrong????I wired the little lights and the ring into the running lights not into the headlights and they look cool and all but these new headlightss and brights share a common plug and I'm wondering if the truck is not putting out enough power for them or what????
    the regular healight setting while driving you can barely tell you have lights on at all. then you turn the high beams on and they are bright but still not what I expected.

Any help would be greatly appreciated right about now as I'm ready to put my factory lights back on if these don't work any better then this.:confused:

7. Nitelord

Nitelord Well-Known Member

Media:
    Looks great. I love the head lights and clearance lights. That's a really clean look. waytogo

8. Nitelord

Nitelord Well-Known Member

Media:
    I used a product from Adams Polishes. Haze & Swirl Remover and then maintained them with the Spray Glaze. Worked great. waytogo

9. idontcare909

Media:
    sorry

so yes your right i didnt reply and i'm sorry. these lights look cool yes. they work for ****. the adjusting mounts mostly all broke. lights move and aim when they feel like it. and somehow i think there is dust or dirt inside of them now. i guess i've gotten used to how they work, i almost always have my fog lights on to help, which are also in bad foged over crappy plastic state. so sorry again for not getting back to this subject, i dont know what i'm goin to do. maybe try a more expensive set and see how they work. i like the look of these too much, just dont like how they work. so if you want looks and no performance these lights are for you! rotfl