help! blowing off intercooler hose!

Discussion in 'Ford Powerstroke 6.0' started by roided_ranger, Jun 18, 2008.

1. roided_ranger

roided_ranger Member

i cant figure out what going on, the intercooler hose at the turbo is blowing off , i have a intake and exaust and thats it but when i get on the gas if blows the silicone hose off. my thoughts r the wastegate senor has anybody had this problem, any ideas would be greatly appecatied

2. Woods

Woods Well-Known Member

I believe the 03 & 04 had a recall to get new/updated hoses. Maybe someone remembers this?

3. strictlyv8

strictlyv8 Well-Known Member

Woods is right about the recall. Also you can try cleaing all the oil off the hoses and putting hair spry at the joint. Some guys swear it works.

4. Dave@BD-Power

Dave@BD-Power Well-Known Member

The Fix

It is a very common problem for Ford 6.0 and 7.3-liter Power Stroke applications. The crankcase oil vapor passes through the crankcase vent and contaminates the intake system. Oil Vapor residue reduces turbocharger and intercooler efficiency, and also deteriorates the silicone boots causing them to balloon and blow off. BD’s Crank Case Vent Filter Kit prevents all of these issues. You will need to replace the boots if they are already contaminated.

Hairspray is a good trick to get them to stick once you get the residue issue resolved, we also recommend high pressure spring loaded clamps to insure they do not come off again.

Hope this helps !