Help me find....

Discussion in 'Parts Wanted' started by big94GMC, Apr 19, 2005.

1. big94GMC

big94GMC Well-Known Member

I'm searching for a GMC, '04 or '05, SLE, crew cab, daully, Duramax, 6 spd manual, manual t-case. If ya see one, lemme know immediately. Thanks.

2. Shaggy

Shaggy TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    Any particular state? Or country? :doah:

Not to knock your choice in trucks, but you are aware of the seriously flawed flywheel in the manual tranny GM diesel trucks, right?

3. big94GMC

Anywhere in the US.

Yea, I know about the flywheel problems, but '05 made the changes, and some of the later '04s have the 'new' clutches too.

4. FordCummins1

FordCummins1 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Ordering one isnt an option? I mean if you are shooting for an 04 or 05 its clear that cost isnt a factor in the end.

5. big94GMC

I would like to try and find one that someone else has already taken the depreciation hit on.

6. FordCummins1

FordCummins1 Well-Known Member

Media:
    I understand exactly what you mean, however it seems that us manual trans. guys are in the minority big time, and with a truck that new I would save the headaches and order a new one. That is what we did with our F250 6spd. It only took a month to get too :D I'll keep an eye out for you, but its gonna be pretty tough to find. I know Ford dealers that sell for 500-1000 bucks below invoice before the rebates, Im sure there is a GM dealer out there that does the same thing.

7. Shaggy

Media:
    Albums:
    You can get a discount from GM to get the truck well under invoice. Still costs more than buying used though. It's worth it to me to know the history of the truck from day 1, but most people aren't funny like me. :eek:

8. big94GMC

How? Explain.

9. Shaggy

Media:
    Albums:
    I forget what it's called, but it's sort of like an employee discount, called a GMS Supplier discount. Various people can get a number for you so you can get it, it's basically a PIN number that you give the dealer. The dealer doesn't have to accept it but it's easy money for them, especially if you order a truck. I looked at my emails about it and it appears that it actually gets you $100 over invoice. That's around $7000 or so under MSRP on a truck that's close to $50k. Ask around on GM websites to see if anyone can get you a number so you can get the discount...

10. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 Well-Known Member

Media:
    That is what I thought at first too, in researching used rigs they were still 38K or more for what I wanted(fully loaded CC longbed). I paid 42K for mine and it had 22miles on it. I couldn't see paying 38K for a rig that had 40K miles on it already. Thease rigs do not depreciate nearly as much as some vehicles do. So the 'hit' is not that bad when you end up with a brand spankin new rig.

I used the GM Supplier discount thru my work...not sure if I can get another number or what cuz when the dealership accepted my discount I had to prove I worked for my company that I got the discount thru so simply giving you a 'pin' won't work in my case.

Hope this helps and good luck
    Burt

11. BadDog

BadDog TRC Staff Staff Member

Media:
    There are 2 levels. The GM "employee" discount is better, I got my truck with 50k sticker for around $33k out the door. With that, you not only get the very low set price (GM sets the price, no dickering and nothing the dealer can say about it) but you also get to keep all applicable promotions and such. Because I got mine off the lot at the "year end clearance" with the '03s already out, it added up to a HUGE discount (obviously). We got my wife's GP GTP Comp-G on the same thing but the dealer tried to pull the "loading" scam. I made him eat every penny of it, totaled about $2k for "paint sealant" (aka wax) that was priced something like $500, "custom trim package" at $300 for a pin stripe, and $700 for "window tint", among other things like "upgraded floor mats". :rolleyes: I paid exactly what GM specified and not 1 dollar more, dealer had smoke coming from his ears.