Help What To Do New Or Old Duramax

Discussion in 'GM Duramax 6.6 (LBZ | LLY)' started by duramaxman, Oct 17, 2007.

1. duramaxman

duramaxman Member

I Am Selling My 07 Kodiak Before That I Had The 2006 Gmc 2500hd With The Lbz I Loved The Truck I Built It Up Somewhat Enough To Beat A Srt10 Ram

I Am Not Sure If I Want To Drop The $48,000 Plus On A New 08 With The Lmm And All The Pritty Jazz They Have Or.
    Get And Older One For $30ish And Put The Extra In The Truck. I Have A Bread Delivery Company I Pull A Little Over 12,000 Pounds Daily So I Need To Know It Will Start And Run Good Every Day I Know It Is A Gm So That Should Not Be A Problem "not Like Them Powerjokes Or Precummings" So You Guys Know More Than Me I Look Forward To Hearing What You Guys Think

2. dmax

dmax New Member

I would find a good used one and put some $ in to it. The new ones are too fancy and have too much pollution control stuff.

3. truckie481

truckie481 Active Member

I would steer clear of the LMM untill they prove them selves reliable. IMHO you can't go wrong with the LBZ. I have 47,000 trouble free miles on mine and I still feel like a kid when I get behind the wheel, damn this thing has alot of power!:pimp:

4. jdraizor

jdraizor New Member

i agree with truckie. find an LBZ and go from there. same motor as the LMM minus lots of emissions stuff. runs great, easy to make lots of power, tows like a dream.

5. madatford

madatford Member

Yep, I agree. Not long after I bought my 06' I took 7 mules in my gooseneck the tackroom was full and my flatbed trailer behind my gooseneck had my chuckwagon chariot and some farm equipment on it. I weighed at the truckstop when i got fuel .the whole thing pickup and both trailers weighed 33125lbs and i pulled tehachapi at 45mph. Stock and nothing blew broke or got torn up. Thats proof of a good set up with the dmax and allison. I had 2 fords before a 03' 6.0 and a 05' 6.0 they both would have been in pieces all over the highway. ( Yeah I know I never should have bought the second 6.0) but it did lead to me getting the dmax. I do hope the 08' 6.4s work out for ford. The only complaint i have on my chevy is the lack of room in the back seats and also in the front due to the large center console between the bucket seats.

6. 1dieselsteve

1dieselsteve Member

I would stay away from the LMM until all the bugs are worked out. Buy a good LLY or LBZ the will treat you better and less hassle.