How much will they help?

Discussion in 'Ford Powerstroke 6.4' started by carguy9135, Feb 12, 2007.

1. carguy9135

carguy9135 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Do you think the new turbo system on the new superdutys will help low end torque and spool up faster on take off? Looks like it when you watch all the videos. It is supposed to have a smaller turbo that goes into a bigger turbo which helps spool up faster...

2. DMAXRIG

DMAXRIG Well-Known Member

Suppose to, but Ive heard some guys on another site say that it feels very similar to the 6.0. Said they were expecting a better response from it, but were disapointed. If this is true I dont know. I would imagine the dual turbos would help, but Ive heard it from a couple different sources.

3. SNOWMAN

SNOWMAN Member

The second turbo adds alot of hp and tlb. The problem is that it was added to compensate for the emission system. The new emission standards, as we all are coming to know, are great for tree huggers, but bad for hp junkies. It is also bad for my wallet.

4. whiterocket5.9

whiterocket5.9 Well-Known Member

thats kind of what i figured ad a performance piece to make up for all teh emissions crap on there so its about the same

5. rocknbronco

rocknbronco Well-Known Member

I dont know I think the emmisons controls wont matter with the numbers it 6.4 is putting out.

6. musicmasterstravis

musicmasterstravis Well-Known Member

the bottom end of the 6.4 is the same exact one as the 6.0 from what ive heard

7. Bourdon1350

Bourdon1350 Well-Known Member

yeh the 6.4 is a "fixed" 6.0. they solved the problems on the 6.0 by adding .4 litres and then puttin the dual turbos and emmisiomns. It sounds just like a 6.0 just alot quieter. i saw where they dynoed one, and it did 284 hp and 628 lb ft tq. i think ford may be holdin back on the real numbers this engines puttin out...cuz thats quite impressive!

8. rocknbronco

rocknbronco Well-Known Member

yeah its supposed to be 360 hp and 650 tq they might be holding back.

9. NavyTech

NavyTech Well-Known Member

The 284 hp and 620 tq was done on a Chassy Dino. So if you assume .2 Driveline loss those are good #'s for any truck stock. 350 hp and 650 tq are Crank #s. From what I have heard which really means nothing the only true carry over part between the two is the Cam.