Hydrogen (hho) Generator

Discussion in 'Alternative Fuels' started by 02dmax, Jun 8, 2008.

1. 02dmax

02dmax Member

Has anyone out there tried to put a hydrogen (BROWN"S GAS)GENERATOR on their newer diesel(duramax)?It is a hot topic on many forums,but they are mostly about gas engines.They claim it will also work on diesels,but I don't want to run it on my DMAX untill I am sure it won't damage the engine.People are claiming amazing improvements in mileage(20-100%).If this thing works I would sure like to check it out with diesel at $5.00 a gallon.

2. Mr. Big Ram

Mr. Big Ram Well-Known Member

One week and no replies, question answered??

3. 02dmax

02dmax Member

I don't know how people have not heard about or tried hyrogen as a fuel on the newer diesels.I have been told that it increases power,increases MPG,and lowers EGT's.I see many kits sold on ebay for semi trucks.I guess I will be the first on this forum.I am sick of paying $4.89 a gallon.

4. CK5

CK5 WhooHoo! Administrator Moderator

Media:
  5. Woods

Woods Well-Known Member

HHO generator: Its called offshore drilling in the gulf of mexico. :stir:

6. hotrodscott

hotrodscott Guest

I've heard of this, and read the website. I just don't believe it. If you try it and it works, please let us know, so more of us can give it a try. ;)

7. odie

odie Member

is this one of those things using electricity to make hydrogen from water?

yes it works...it's called electrolysis...my spelling might be off....high school stuff.

problem is the energy input to split H from O is greater than energy gained from the H....the electrical load on your alt/battery consumes more energy than the recovered hydrogen will return.....

snake oil.....would only really work using a free energy souce to harvest the hydrogen...solar, wind, waterfall, etc....and that free energy would be more efficient spent electricity....