If A Foriegn Company Made A Diesel, Would You Buy It???

Discussion in 'The Drivers Seat (Chit-Chat)' started by carguy9135, Dec 29, 2006.

1. carguy9135

carguy9135 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Well, there you have it, say Nissan did make a Diesel version of the Titan, would you buy it? What about the Honda Ridgeline (not likely because it comes with a piece of $hit engine in it anyway), or some other foriegn truck company made a Diesel, would you buy it? Remember, these foriegn companies are inclosing on American Auto Makers. Whats your opinion?

2. Justice

Justice Well-Known Member

Media:
    OK Let me ask this and add to this thead, like Diesel Power hinted, what if Toyota came out with a 3/4 or 1 ton with a Cat motor? Who would buy that? But to answer the question at hand I am happy with my Cummins and would not give it up, so id have to stay with Dodge. But also, isnt the D-Max already an Isuzu motor (Last I knew that is a foriegn auto maker)?

3. carguy9135

Media:
    Yes you are right. Thanks for the answer. I dont blame you for not wanting to give up your Cummins. I would NEVER buy a Toyota product, even though they are known for being reliable, I just mensioned the Titan cause of my other thread and i like the body style.

4. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    I wouldn't buy them because I simply think all the foreign body styling is ugly. Now, if they completely redesigned their bodies and had some great drivetrain, I'd consider it. But, I doubt any of the imports will ever put out something that is that much better than our big three.

It Toyota came out with a Cat under the hood and a real drivetrain that backed it.... It would be a fun idea but no thanks. Cat parts aren't cheap, more expensive than Cummins or Detroit, or at least that is the trend with commercial vehicles.

But basically, if a foreign brand came out with a bigger diesel pickup, I'd raise my nose at it. It won't be something that is just amazing and better than a Dodge/GM/Ford truck, so why switch brands from good 'ol American names.

5. rocknbronco

rocknbronco Well-Known Member

I might buy it if Yota got Cat

6. Justice

Justice Well-Known Member

Media:
    The Cat Yota combo would be cool. Yota cars and trucks last forever and it would be kinda cool to have a Cat, almost as cool as a Cummins. How bout a detroit, wouldnt that be cool.

7. rocknbronco

I think with a Cummins it would never die

8. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    Detroit got ousted.... Daimler/Chrysler bought up Detroiit last time I heard. With a new Freightliner, A mercedes Benz motor is your new choice in place of the Series 60 that many of us miss. That series 60 wouldn't outrun a Cat, or even get the mileage at times, but it never quit. They ran for 1 million with little problems.

9. Beeram305

Beeram305 Well-Known Member

If a foreign company made a diesel........You mean like the Duramax? The answer is NO!!! :poke::stir:

J/k, kind of.

10. MrTow

MrTow Well-Known Member

If the Japs let our trucks be sold over there I MIGHT think about buying one of theirs. The lack of tariffs is killing American business.

11. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer Well-Known Member

Media:
    one other reason our trucks are not sold to JAPAN or most other countries of an older era... is space. they are WAY to big.

i do however agree that we should limit them on what they can bring in and out, or even build here. put some of that money back in to the pockets of the USA...

12. rocknbronco

Looks like Nissan and Toyota are going to drop the HD truck line they have been talking about. Thats a good thing for the Big Three at leaste they wont have them moving into that part of the market.

13. BurnedBronco

BurnedBronco Well-Known Member

and leaked for 999,999 of hose millions miles.
    i always steam clean those detroits before i even work on them! they are NASTY!

14. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer Well-Known Member

Media:
    yeah, but any GOODchevy or ford on the road... if its not leaking it is out of oil... so thats a good thing... lol

15. 1JoeSky

1JoeSky Member

Does anyone remember the early 80's Scout with the Nissan diesel in it??? JFFT.

16. CK5

CK5 WhooHoo! Administrator Moderator

Media:
    Just curious, where did you here this?

17. carguy9135

Media:
    ya i want to know too

18. rocknbronco

Eww I try hard not to recall things bad from the 80's makes my childhood seem bright than that of todays children.