jaybrake?

Discussion in 'Towing Equipment' started by jcarter, Jan 16, 2006.

1. jcarter

jcarter Member

i was wanting to know if anyone had a jaybrake exaugst brake on their cummins i want to put one on my truck but dont know how it works or hooks up since i have a 02 for with a 01 24vcummins in it any idea were i can get prices or pics?

2. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    My dad has an jacobs exhaust brake on his 2002 cummins Dodge. It works excellent and really can hold back a lot of weight decending a grade.

You can go to www.bd-power.com and view their brakes if you like.

3. RustyJC

RustyJC Well-Known Member

Aside from many online sources, you can get the Jacobs e-brake through Dodge as a Mopar accessory or from your local Cummins dealer. It's integrated and takes its activation signal from the truck's ECM. I've had one on my current truck since I took delivery (it was part of the deal when I ordered the truck) - one of the best towing mods you can make, especially if you're towing heavy like I am! It's a bolt-on that replaces the stock cast discharge elbow between the turbo and downpipe.

Rusty

4. jcarter

jcarter Member

see i am going to put a aurora mst on my truck but i want to be able to run a exaust brake and since my truck is a 02 ford with a 01 24V cummins makes it evan more diffcult

5. rharveysr

rharveysr Well-Known Member

Media:
    Take a close look at the US Gear D'cellarator. I have had both brakes on my 97 Dodge(PacBrake,US Gear) and I love the remote US Gear brake..

Rick

6. CoastalDav

CoastalDav Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    You've heard how good they are already. I've had one on my truck since 2002. Helps with brake wear as well, if you have it on when driving. It also helps warm the truck up faster in the morning. The cheapest place I found was here http://www.mechanicsvilledodge.com/

Takes about 50 minutes to install. You can get the activation knob that fits on the shifter or you can have it installed with an automatic activation
    that works off the computer. (one second delay) If you towing heavy, you'll want it on the shifter. That is extra cost.

I can take some pics if you wish and sent them to you or post them here.

Dave

7. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer Well-Known Member

Media:
    i will never buy a diel without one LOVE IT and i tow heavy. it never gets turned off except when im checking out the ladies... they dont understadn the hissing...

no problems with it in the 24k miles i have had it.
    Grant