Kicking myself in the ARSE!!!

Discussion in 'The Drivers Seat (Chit-Chat)' started by stallion85, Nov 20, 2005.

1. stallion85

stallion85 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Well, today I made a costly mistake. I was supposed to go on an ATV ride with my some family members. Well we had a total of 6 quads and my Dads trailer only could hold 5, so I told him I would just put mine in the back of my truck and we would take two rigs down to the trail.

Well we used some ramps from one of his buds that was going. As I was driving it up into the truck just as the front wheels made it over the back wheels spun the ramp off to the side. I reacted by hitting the throttle hoping to get it up and in before I was upside down.

Well needless to say I have NO back window in my Dodge now!!!!:eek:

By the time I hit the brakes the bumper had hit the back window exploding it all over my leather seats!!

I was so sick to my stomach that I stayed back and told them I would try to figure out how to get the window replaced on a Saturday in a small town. Of course no one had the rear glass in stock. I taped up the back window and drove her back to Vegas tonight. Looks like Monday will be fun getting qoutes on the repair. The bad thing is my deductable is $500.

So with that said, learn from my stupidity and use a trailer if at all possible. My weekend is ruined..................:mad:

2. black jimmy

black jimmy Well-Known Member

Ouch!!!! :doah:

3. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    Your not the first guy, a good friend of mine built a deck that sits over his long bed and slides into the steak pockets of the bed. It was meant to hold two snowmobiles. When he was in Montana he hit the throttle a little too hard and got air born from the loading ramp and slammed down on the deck and both front skis went through his back window. For a reason I can't remember, he had to come all the way back to California with no back window, and sledding is a winter sport obviously, brrrrrrr.rotfl

4. Brisk

Brisk Well-Known Member

Media:
    Hey just be glad you hit the window and not the sheet metal around it. A new window should be only about $300 I think. Unless its a slider

5. stallion85

Media:
    It's a slider, but the sliding piece did not break, just the ones on the side of it. The window frame and body are not damaged. I still feel like a dumbass:mad:

6. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer Well-Known Member

Media:
    this is the time to upgrade to that slider if you like now....

Grant

7. RJF's Red Cummins

Media:
    Albums:
    This would be a good time to remove the slider and go with a one piece window. I don't like the slider, they are useless besides traditionally giving a thief his first and usually most successfull spot to break in at. Plus, I think the solid window looks 10 times better.

8. Brisk

Brisk Well-Known Member

Media:
    Sliders are actually very usefull for hauling anything longer than say 14' in the back of a Long-bed truck. If you have a short bed they are even more valuble in that regard...Unless you have a Rack like me:D

9. RJF's Red Cummins

Media:
    Albums:
    Different strokes for different folks....

If I have anything longer than 7-8' to haul I just hook up to the flatbed tandem.:D I know stallion has leather and everything in his truck, Even if I had a slider I still wouldn't slide 2x4's or pipe into the cab, don't want to risk the leather...rotfl

Plus....it costs half as much to tint the one piece and looks better.waytogo

10. Brisk

Brisk Well-Known Member

Media:
    Now that I won't argue. i definetly like the look of one piece windows betterwaytogo

11. CK5

CK5 WhooHoo! Administrator Moderator

Media:
    I realy like to open the power sunroof, then hit the button on the dash that opens the rear slider, it really gets the air flowing while still having the side windows up. :pimp: :pimp:

12. joez

joez Well-Known Member

Media:
    I wish more manufacturers go with the roll down rear window. We have one in our '05 Tundra and that is really nice to have, talk about airflow!

13. RonJ

RonJ Well-Known Member

If you haven't gotten your window fixed yet check around to see if there is a Diamond Autoglass near you. They by far have the cheapest prices on glass replacement. They'll do just about any wiindshield for $200. Not sure about back glass prices but it should be well under your deductable and you won't have to report it to your insurance co!

14. stallion85

Media:
    Got it done today for $255 even. It is an aftermarket glass slider but at half the price and not claiming it on my insurance co. it looks great!

The pic is kind of blurry, but you get the point, right:rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

15. stallion85

Media:

Don't rub it in Steverotfl

16. tuff84blaze

tuff84blaze Member

Media:
    Now get yourself a headache rack back there to protect that new window and it will never happen again.waytogo

17. stallion85

Media:
    I thought about that. I got a trailer for my quad instead. I just don't like the looks of the headche racks enough to put one in:eek: