leaking oil, not sure where from

Discussion in 'Ford Powerstroke 7.3' started by tonkatoy01, Nov 22, 2009.

1. tonkatoy01

tonkatoy01 Member

Media:
    ive got an 01' F-350 7.3L, i recently smelled oil burning and i pulled in a parkin lot to get some food and was inside for bout 8 minutes came out to a puddle oil under my truck. i drove it home just round the corner and parked it. it sat for a few minutes then i had another puddle. all the oil has leaked out i dont know where its leaking from. i crawled underneath it and the oil filter and drain plug and dipstick tube are good and tight. from what i saw the oil pan wasnt leaking. i was just wondering if maybe its a cracked block or it the turbo housing could be leaking oil. theres a small puddle of what looks like oil on top of the engine behind the fuel filter.

thanks 4 any help in the matter

2. HotShotHaul

HotShotHaul Member

You my friend most likely have a bad HPOP Oringl (High Pressure Oil Pump) see if its leaking by where the trans meets the engine like it were a rear main.

The HPoP is located under your fuel filter. Open the hood and with a flash light look at the engine in the valley(under the turbo area) if you see oil in there puddling up thats your answer. Its a .20 cent Oring that goes bad. Google it and its very easy to change. Ford sells a repair kit for 20 bucks.