Let's get the 6.4L forums goin!!!

Discussion in 'Ford Powerstroke 6.4' started by 05' CO King Ranch, Mar 14, 2008.

1. 05' CO King Ranch

05' CO King Ranch Well-Known Member

Media:
    Traded my 2005 King Ranch for a 2008 Lariat Loaded with everything except for 2 options(Sun roof, and Nav.) Has the 20" wheels from the factory as well as the back up camera. Man this thing is AWESOME!!! 5300 miles and all is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Put a Leer 100XQ Browning Edition Topper on it, Firestone Air bags, Line X lining, Reese Signature Series 18K Fifth Wheel Hitch, Tinted front windows, Chrome Super Duty Decals on tail gate, Husky Floor Mats inside. TV/DVD from the factory and upgraded stereo with Sirius Sat. radio, man what sound!! NO PERFORMANCE MODS WILL BE DONE EVER!!!
    Additional touches that are on my list of things to do... Install CB, Have a Leveling Kit put on the front, either a bull bar or brush guard, 2 Powerful off road light to complement the bull bar or brush guard.

YES I Love my truck!!!! If you own another brand I am happy for you as well!! Just stay AMERICAN!!!!!

2. Bourdon1350

Bourdon1350 Well-Known Member

Soo how about some pictures?!!

3. 05' CO King Ranch

Media:
    I'll get some posted as soon as it stops snowing long enough to wash and shine the ride. Hopefully by weeks end!! I have to go to New Mexico on buisness tuesday thru thursday.waytogo

4. 05' CO King Ranch

Media:

By the Way Sweet GMC!!!waytogo

5. rocknbronco

rocknbronco Well-Known Member

Show us some pics.

6. 05' CO King Ranch

Media:
    I'll do my best to get some posted this weekend!! Supposed to snow or rain tomorrow but then it is supposed to be nice on sunday. That way I can clean it first. Just got back from New Mexico and noticed that the price of diesel was about the same as here $3.79 -$3.89 per gallon except for Raton N.M. where it was $4.09 - $4.19 per gallon.

Jeff

7. Buzz 880

Buzz 880 Member

What kind of mpg are you getting out of the 6.4 ?

8. 05' CO King Ranch

Media:
    12 - 15 in town and 18 - 19 highway

9. 05' CO King Ranch

Media:
    The Truck is washed and pictures will be up tomorrow!!!waytogo

10. strictlyv8

strictlyv8 Well-Known Member

Cool let's see thme pics.

11. 05' CO King Ranch

Media:
    Hope this works here are the pictures of my truck. It goes in Thursday for the front leveling kit.waytogo

Attached Files:

12. LOUDandPROUD

LOUDandPROUD Well-Known Member

Nice ride for sure, I assume its an auto?.... Lets us know if you have any trouble with that engine. Im trying to figure out what im going to get next when the 06 is paid for.

13. 05' CO King Ranch

Media:
    Thanks, yes it's an auto. Zero problems so far and just turned 5,600 miles. Hope it continues.

14. rocknbronco

rocknbronco Well-Known Member

Nice pics of your rig.

15. 97powerstroker

97powerstroker Active Member

have you checked your oil lately? you may find that your truck made its own oil!on other forums there has been alot of people with alot of fuel in there oil.im talkin quarts of oil.:eek: no joke,worst part is for says it normal.:doah:.there is people who say they replaced there high pressure fuel pump and problem went away.i would check your oil and look into this problem.definitly seems serious.goodluckwaytogo

16. Duramaxer1

Duramaxer1 Active Member

Fantatsic looking truck!! It would be better without the cap but, still nice! O and thats not my GMC, i found it and thought it was cool lookin.

Heres mine:

Attached Files:

17. madatford

madatford Member

05' king ranch -- Great ride for sure. I hope you really are getting that kind of mileage. I've read where some guys are getting around 8mpg on the highway. I have always been a ford guy but after tearing up (2) 6.0 engines a 03' and an 05" i bought a 06' dmax. I miss the room in the ford and started looking at the 08's today they look great and they have great rebates on them. I may wait till the 09's come out though i hear ford is changing the body style. Good luck with your new ride:cool: and keep us up to date on the good and the bad.

18. Duramaxer1

Duramaxer1 Active Member

Majority of the job 2 and 3 6.4's are getting 16-18 highway. 14ish in town. ive been on a hunt talking to everyone with one of these trucks. and thats been the average. So theyre definately getting alot better. It hurts goin from a ford to a GM huh? You lose alot of room and comfort. IMO

And theyre actually changing the bodystyle in '10. Complete with a new diesel engine...The "Scorpion diesel". The half ton will have a "Lion diesel"

Last edited: Jul 31, 2008
  19. madatford

madatford Member

Yeah it did hurt going to a chevy I've always been a ford guy. My first vehicle was a 75' ford ranchero.:eek: It was a weird yellow green looking color that looked white in parking lot lights at night. Anyway the day i drove that chevy to work ,I had to put up with all kinds of grief from all the guys. I did lose lots of room, there were only 5 dually pickups in California at the time I started looking with a sunroof when the lbz first came out, 3 in LA 1 in red bluff and 1 in merced about an hour north of here So I went to merced and bought it. It has everything it's loaded. But with the bose system you have some sort of amp under the center console.So you lose legroom. The seats feel like they are made for people with a smaller frame. I'm 6' tall and weigh 230lbs and i wear 38length jeans.so I feel kind of stuck when i'm driving. The truck sits way lower than the ford and that's the thing i dislike the most. The back seat does not have near as much room as the ford either. I have only had 2 problems with my pickup.first the cam sensor went out at about 22.000 miles and the cd player didnt show any cd's in the 6 cd changer so they are going to replace that on Monday.39569 miles now. No other problems. and thats great. One other thing I bought the extended warranty and I have a 200.00 dollar deductable and didnt know it. SO PAY ATTENTION WHEN YOU ARE BUYING AN EXTENDED WARRANTY AND GET THE RIGHT ONE.:doah:

20. madatford

madatford Member

Do any of you know anything about this Scorpion Diesel other than ford is going to build it?:poke: