Lets talk CD decks....

Discussion in 'The Drivers Seat (Chit-Chat)' started by RJF's Red Cummins, Feb 14, 2007.

1. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    So I'm going CD player crazy! I've been searching the Ebay archives as I am trying to gather up decks to go into tractors for this spring.

No way am I going to go through another spring of 70hrs/per week in my tractor without anything but Baaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh...from a Cummins 855...:doah: I need some tunes so I don't beat my head against the glass because it feels good.rotfl

I'm going to also finally jump into the 21st century and get Satellite radio. I plan on getting a bunch of car kits to go into our assorted vehicles and two tractors. Then, both my dad and I will have the actuall tuner that we can carry from one vehicle to the next.

What brands are you guys using for decks and how do you like them? Feel free to get into anything stereo.... I'm all open ears for basically any stereo conversations as I'm trying to soak up as much info as I can about mobile audio.waytogo

Here a deck I got on Ebay. I need one, potentially two more yet.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...RK:MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=150089451536&rd=1,1

2. rat_power_78

rat_power_78 Well-Known Member

I have a Sony base model deck in my truck. It was a junkyard special so im not sure the exact model or how old it is. I had an Aiwa (?) years ago that worked great until one day when a CD wouldnt eject and in spit out some little plastic pieces... From what I know, as long as you stay away from the $50 walmart specials, you shouldnt have problems with any of them.

3. whiterocket5.9

whiterocket5.9 Well-Known Member

its been years since i even worried myself with stereo stuff but from what i remember pioneer was a pretty popular brand (back in the day lol) and hard to beat for the money...id like to get a system in my truck but theres no room to put a sub..i mean there is room in the quad cab but tools and my lil boy kinda take up that space already lol

4. musicmasterstravis

musicmasterstravis Well-Known Member

The only cd player I will every buy is any from Pioneer... As far as sat. radio, XM is my choice.

5. RJF's Red Cummins

Media:
    Albums:
    I bought another Panisonic a little while, so I've got two Panisonics on the way.

I've looked into sat. radio a lot lately, XM has better talk radio but Sirius is better if you are a rock listener like myself, and are the ones with NFL and Nascar. XM has the MLB and NHL, too types of sports I don't get gitty over at all.

I'm going to order a bunch of Sirius stuff next week.

When I asked the Crutchfield guy which of the two followed the DHRA schedule, he didn't know what I was talking about....rotfl

6. whiterocket5.9

ya if thats the trade offs between the 2 i would have went with sirius myself

7. whiterocket5.9

got me thinkin about the sirius last night.... i went to best buy tonight i got a sirius stratus its the cheapest one they had around 60 bucks i dotn care as long as i get the rolling stones radiowaytogo they advertise on there...ill let yall knwo how the install goes it looks simple though so hopefully this caveman can do it:D

8. Torquer

Torquer Well-Known Member

Media:
    Alpine with iPod capability. That's the hot ticket.

9. whiterocket5.9

ok its installed pretty easy and self explanitory...that being said i dont have the kit with the direct connect and didnt do that yet....if you turn the stereo up past half way you can hear the static, my brother said the direct connect will eliminate that, wish i knew this last night. he also told me that the dodge connector wasnt compatible, so he installed his pioneer and it worked fine. i also have ot make a call about this rolling stones radio that i cant find on the channels it says its channel 98 and i dotn even have channel 98....well see if any of you have any questions feel free to ask ill answer them if i can

10. whiterocket5.9

ok lol no stones radoi anymore removed from the radio but not from advertising ,on the horn now cancelling as i type

11. whiterocket5.9

i have to say the only thing i wasnt satified with is that there was no stones radio thats realy the only reason i got it other than that it was ok alot of stations and the customer service was pretty good about the whole deal.

12. Justice

Justice Well-Known Member

Media:
    I have a clarion head unit with a touch screen, dvd player, ipod controls, and sirius, and back up camara inputs (havent gotten the camara yet). I love my sirius could not live with out it. I cant stand to listen to regular radio anymore.

13. RJF's Red Cummins

Media:
    Albums:
    Oh come one, the Rolling Stones aren't even that good anyway...rotfl

14. whiterocket5.9

no not good..... legendary bro lol ive seen em twice would have went more if i had the loot

15. carguy9135

carguy9135 Well-Known Member

Media:
    I know for sure when i get my stereo im gettin something that i can plug my video iPod into! Thats obviously cheaper than getting sirius or XM.

16. RJF's Red Cummins

Media:
    Albums:
    The problem with MP3 players is mine is only 1 gb, and I get tired of even my own music.

I can't wait for the Sirius setup, I ordered everything today.

17. Justice

Justice Well-Known Member

Media:
    With mine the controls for the iPOD come up on the touch screen and you can do everything from there. Kinda cool I thought.

18. LilFordGirl

LilFordGirl Active Member

Pioneer has alot of really cheap ones that actually arent that bad if you just want something cheap and basic.